PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] live cd boot problems

ltchronic302
October 30th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Hey guys i have an hp pavillion dv6700 laptop that i have vista 64 on. Well i used advanced system optimizer yesterday to clean the registery and ater i restarted vista will not boot coming up telling me something about win32k.sys and for the life of me i cant repair it with the vista disk, do a system restore(sup b/c i dont have enough space which is bs cuz i had at least 5 b4 this happend) ect,so i am trying to use a ubuntu live cd so i can go in and at least retrieve some documents to a usb thumb drive. Anyway i have a copy of ubuntu live cd and i click start or install and it comes up saying failed to start x server(your graphical interface) it is likely that it is not set up correctly would youlike to view the x server output to diagnose the problem? I hit no then it says x server is now disabled restart gdm when it is configured correctly and then i hit ok and it goes to a black screen with some stuff at the top and the cursor is blinking( i assume this is the terminal) I try to type in a command like sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg and it just sits there. Help?

ltchronic302
October 31st, 2008, 01:12 AM
:(