PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cannot boot amd64 Live CD on Samsung Q310

Jagot
October 30th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Hi.

I'm trying to boot from the amd64 LiveCD on my Samsung Q310, but I'm having no luck. As soon as the welcome screen is gone after I select 'Try Ubuntu without making any change to your computer', or whatever exactly it says, I simply get a black screen with a blinking cursor for about half a second, then it restarts my computer. If I delete quiet splash from the boot options I get slightly further, but I can't tell on which line exactly it fails.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

SqdnGuns
October 30th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Hi.

I'm trying to boot from the amd64 LiveCD on my Samsung Q310, but I'm having no luck. As soon as the welcome screen is gone after I select 'Try Ubuntu without making any change to your computer', or whatever exactly it says, I simply get a black screen with a blinking cursor for about have a second, then it restarts my computer. If I delete quiet splash from the boot options I get slightly further, but I can't tell on which line exactly it fails.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

had the same problem, just let it set for about 15 minutes and then it loaded.

Pumalite
October 30th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Try 'Safe Graphics Mode'.
If that doesn't work; download the amd64 Alternate CD.

Jagot
October 30th, 2008, 09:04 PM
I have tried both safe graphics mode and the alternate cd but the same thing happens as with the live cd.

Pumalite
October 30th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Next suspect is your burner. Clean the lens just in case.
If this is what you have:

Graphic Memory 256 MB GDDR3 (Ext. Graphic)
Graphic Processor nVIDIA GeForce Go 9200M GS (Ext. Graphic)

It might be a problem.

Jagot
October 30th, 2008, 11:51 PM
The burner wasn't the problem. Tried burning discs on another couple of machines and same occurred. Oddly, 32 bit Ubuntu seems to work fine for some reason. Is there a problem with 64 bit Nvidia drivers?