PDA

View Full Version : So Far, How Good?

xrecar
October 30th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Oooohkay.... So all of us were waiting for this since last night, and we finally started receiving it around 9:30 AM (In My Timezone, Dominican Republic)...Soo.... How Good have these 4/5 hours been? How much are you people enjoying the new release? Has any of you had problems with synaptic? thanks to all the people downloading?... I wanna read some :)

gn2
October 30th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Clean installed 64 bit 8.10 this morning on my desktop PC, all runs fine with no problems at all.

Used new USB startup drive creation utility to make a flash drive to use with my laptop.

Booted laptop from USB flash drive, guess what?
Wireless no worky!
Ah, just like the old days again. :)

Happy days!

Canis familiaris
October 30th, 2008, 07:48 PM
No problems here. Out of box Compiz and Direct Rendering with ATI is nice.
Works pretty well. But then I have compatible hardware and no wireless. :)

Mazza558
October 30th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Works perfectly on my laptop, but I've known that since the betas (after the ati drivers were added).

ww711
October 30th, 2008, 08:04 PM
My experience with the new ii 8.10 has been all positive - from a clean install; removing hh 8.04 completely.

Since my laptop has a broadcom wireless chipset, there was a lot of configuring needed to get my laptop connected to my access point when I was on hh 8.04.

Now with the Broadcom STA wireless driver in ii 8.10, it has made connecting to my wireless access point extremely simple.

xrecar
October 30th, 2008, 08:44 PM
This is very nice to read, on my Laptop everything worked right out of the box, will likely uninstall vista in the next days. Even my wireless card worked fine, though I still need fix the on/off swith thing, but besides that, everything has worked fine.

Tomosaur
October 30th, 2008, 08:59 PM
I've yet to try it (downloading via BitTorrent right now). All I ask is that wireless works by default, and I would LOVE for hibernate to finally work (although I can live without that). Every single time I've installed any version of Ubuntu, I have to manually set up and configure my wireless card. Irritating beyond belief - particularly since the drivers for it exist out there and work.