PDA

View Full Version : iTunes ripped Amaroks slogan!

surfsunadam
October 30th, 2008, 08:48 AM
I just got an email from apple with the slogan

Discover iTunes 8. Rediscover your music.

What the?

Giant Speck
October 30th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Maybe it's a sign... :shock:

billgoldberg
October 30th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Amarok might use that but I've heard that one before from others.

That sentence gets used by a lot of people.

letskillmhc
October 30th, 2008, 09:09 AM
I think even evil MS used that, at one time. It's a widely-used slogan.

barbedsaber
October 30th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Firefox, rediscover the web. I think its take back the web now, but I am pretty sure it was rediscover at one point. Then again, iTunes is a music program, not a web browser.

Canis familiaris
October 30th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Bah...Who cares? iTunes is a piece of junk as compared to Amarok or even WMP.

Northsider
October 30th, 2008, 03:41 PM
itunes...what a huge pile of poo. I always hated that music player, evern before I knew linux existed. It's laggy as all hell...I'd take Amarok of WMP (heck even songbird) as well before itunes

DeadSuperHero
October 30th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Looks like Amarok ought to pick a new slogan anyway.

"Liberate Your Sound!" or "Liberate Deliberately." would be awesome future slogans.

Vince4Amy
October 30th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Yeah probably coincidence but iTunes is rubbish anyway. Why would it need to use 50MB RAM to play an MP3 and why does it need to install 2/3 start-up services.

SomeGuyDude
October 30th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Point is, we all know damn well that if iTunes was using it and amaroK started doing the same Apple would be filing a lawsuit quicker than you can say "frivolous".

MaxIBoy
October 30th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Why on earth does the iTunes updater program keep wanting to put Safari on my dad's computer? Then, when you uncheck it, a "Warning! System alert! Are you sure you want to not install Safari? You hold your very life in your hands! etc." style window pops up. Didn't Microsoft get in trouble for doing that kind of thing?

Personally, I think every single "portal" or "manager" program can go straight to hell. Playlists and annoying categories are no substitute for descriptive song titles, well-organized directories, and a nice minimalist media player (such as Audacious.)

(By the way, does anyone know of a good media player GNOME-panel applet?)

Vadi
October 30th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Sure they did. And Amarok won't be able to do anything even if they wanted to - afaik, the slogan wasn't trademarked.