PDA

View Full Version : Do you brush in the shower?

gletob
October 30th, 2008, 03:36 AM
Do you brush your teeth in the shower?

I like brushing in the shower because it gives me a reason to stand in the hot water longer. Plus you can drool toothpaste and not worry!

P.S. Please choose one real answer and one goofy one if you'd like

-grubby
October 30th, 2008, 03:47 AM
I voted everything

Grant A.
October 30th, 2008, 03:49 AM
You can do this?! Holy crap! This changes everything!

gletob
October 30th, 2008, 03:49 AM
i voted everything

grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!

m_ad
October 30th, 2008, 03:50 AM
Used to, for the same reason gle posted :lolflag: not anymore

kevin11951
October 30th, 2008, 03:51 AM
You can do this?! Holy crap! This changes everything!

i feel almost the same way, ive never contemplated doing that...

MasterNetra
October 30th, 2008, 04:04 AM
Nah i never brush and shower.

schauerlich
October 30th, 2008, 04:19 AM
Every day.

DanTheFlyingMan
October 30th, 2008, 04:21 AM
I brush, shave, ****, and sometimes get dressed in the shower.

elmer_42
October 30th, 2008, 04:25 AM
Nope, but I am aware that my father does it. Personally, it just kind of freaks me out. Yeah, I know that the water in my sink is the same as the water coming out of my shower, but it just feels weird to brush my teeth in the shower.

LaRoza
October 30th, 2008, 04:31 AM
No, I rarely take a shower. (About three a year)

Eisenwinter
October 30th, 2008, 04:42 AM
I shower maybe once in 3 weeks or so, and I don't take baths.

I rarely brush my teeth also, just when I feel like doing it, which is like once in 4 months or so.

blatestblabla
October 30th, 2008, 05:16 AM

I rarely brush my teeth also, just when I feel like doing it, which is like once in 4 months or so.
What's with the lack of hygiene? Body odor and crappy teeth isn't exactly endearing to the opposite sex/co-workers/everyone else. Oh yes I forget, geeks don't have to adhere to basic social expectations. :)

Anyways, the girlfriend likes to brush in the shower but I don't.

EDIT: To be fair, perhaps you're just trying to conserve water, which is a noble cause, but it's still seems a bit of a disadvantage socially.

undoIT
October 30th, 2008, 05:24 AM
Wow. I realize I have never done this in my life. It seems kind of cumbersome.

You have to get the shower water hot, then you have to squeeze some toothpaste on the brush, then you get in and brush your teeth, then you have to figure out where to put your toothbrush while soaping up and hope it doesn't fall on the floor or get infected with mildew.

If you brush at the end of the shower, you have to step out, get cold and get the floor all wet while preparing the tooth brush.

Despite all that, I may have to try it someday. Only thing is, my Sonicare toothbrush has a hole in the rubber power button, not sure if it is waterproof anymore.

kd7swh
October 30th, 2008, 05:26 AM
No, but maybe I should start. I always run out of time in the morning.

blatestblabla
October 30th, 2008, 05:29 AM
Wow. I realize I have never done this in my life. It seems kind of cumbersome.

You have to get the shower water hot, then you have to squeeze some toothpaste on the brush, then you get in and brush your teeth, then you have to figure out where to put your toothbrush while soaping up and hope it doesn't fall on the floor or get infected with mildew.

If you brush at the end of the shower, you have to step out, get cold and get the floor all wet while preparing the tooth brush.

Despite all that, I may have to try it someday. Only thing is, my Sonicare toothbrush has a hole in the rubber power button, not sure if it is waterproof anymore.

You make it sound so complicated. Have the toothbrush/toothpaste available within arms reach before getting into the shower, do all the soaping up and everything, then when you're done, brush your teeth. You don't need to try and juggle things, and a tiny amount of planning is all that's required to avoid having to get out unnecessarily.

grotto
October 30th, 2008, 05:36 AM
Poll should include a pee option. :mad:

undoIT
October 30th, 2008, 05:36 AM
Have the toothbrush/toothpaste available within arms reach before getting into the shower

I guess I could put it on the floor with toothpaste already on it.

How about flossing in the shower? Now there's a good way to extend the shower and you don't have to worry about food particles flying on to the mirror.

undoIT
October 30th, 2008, 05:39 AM

How many people pee on their toothbrush?

Supposedly urine has antiseptic qualities.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urine#Survival_uses

blatestblabla
October 30th, 2008, 05:41 AM
I guess I could put it on the floor with toothpaste already on it.
Well you could, but perhaps it's my fault for assuming you had a shelf/table/other elevated furniture nearby the shower. :)

GEORGE: Aha. Aha. Could it be because you don't want him to know that you have a friend who pees in the shower, is that it?!

ELAINE: No, that's not it!

GEORGE: Oh, I think it is! I think that's exactly what it is!

ELAINE: Why couldn't you just wait?

GEORGE: I was there! I saw a drain!

ELAINE: Since when is a drain a toilet?!

GEORGE: It's all pipes! What's the difference?!

ELAINE: Different pipes go to different places! You're gonna mix 'em up!

GEORGE: I'll call a plumber right now! <Goes for the phone.>

JERRY: Alright, can we just drop all the pee-pipe stuff here?

blatestblabla
October 30th, 2008, 05:42 AM

Some people drink their own ****. Never heard of anyone peeing on their toothbrush though. But I don't think this thread needs to go down this path. :KS

undoIT
October 30th, 2008, 05:45 AM
Yeah. Let's save the urophagia poll for another thread ;)

wolfen69
October 30th, 2008, 05:45 AM
Well you could, but perhaps it's my fault for assuming you had a shelf/table/other elevated furniture nearby the shower. :)

GEORGE: Aha. Aha. Could it be because you don't want him to know that you have a friend who pees in the shower, is that it?!

that was funny. as a matter of fact, i'm watching seinfeld right now.

gn2
October 30th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Yeah, I know that the water in my sink is the same as the water coming out of my shower,

That's just the thing, it probably isn't.
The hot water in your shower has probably been heated in your hot water tank where all manner of nasties e.g. legionella can thrive...

hellion0
October 30th, 2008, 08:35 AM
I don't have the water pressure needed for a shower, so I bathe instead. That said, I usually wait til I'm done with the bath to brush my teeth.

pp.
October 30th, 2008, 08:57 AM
How can I hold a teeth cleaning twig while tilting a bucket over my head?

Jim!
October 30th, 2008, 08:58 AM
No, and I have never done it. I guess I don't see anything wrong with doing it...... Still that just seems really weird to me - first time I've heard of people doing such a thing! :D

bigbrovar
October 30th, 2008, 11:01 AM
I brush and i shower i just don't do both at the same time .

mips
October 30th, 2008, 11:09 AM
That's just the thing, it probably isn't.
The hot water in your shower has probably been heated in your hot water tank where all manner of nasties e.g. legionella can thrive...

Correct.

Hence you don't use water out of the geyser to cook food, make drinks etc. You boil cold tap water rather on a per need basis in a kettle, microwave or stove.

Take a glass of hot water, let it cool down to normal tap water temperature and taste it, it's #@%$)()& awfull.

EnGorDiaz
October 30th, 2008, 12:00 PM

rank dude rank ewww!

damis648
October 30th, 2008, 12:04 PM
every day.

+1

eternalnewbee
October 30th, 2008, 12:51 PM
I brush, shave & shower! 3in1.

Bölvağur
October 30th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Well I dont have a shower, but I take a long bath every other day.
I urinate and release waste from my bowels, it gives me a reason to relax longer in the bathtub and gives me more time to read my book while cleaning my self.

But to be serius I do not brush my teath in the shower. Showers are dedicative to cleaning skin and hair, my computer on youtube is dedicative to entertain me while cleaning my teath.

Bölvağur
October 30th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Take a glass of hot water, let it cool down to normal tap water temperature and taste it, it's #@%$)()& awfull.

It is because of minirals, there are too few bacteria that can thrive in geysers. The water there should be able to reach more than 100°C because of pressure which keeps the water as liquid and allowes it to reach high numbers. But there are still few bacteria that live on the 100°C + temperatures.

I have used hot water for my noodles and such when Im not too bothered about waiting for proper cold water when I've had the hot one turned on. Its not that big difference any way, and the taste will be overwelmed by other tastes.

I guess the taste of the water only depends on it's purity, which would mean that the south african geysers are not giveing good enough water.

notwen
October 30th, 2008, 02:19 PM

Classic. I love me some Seinfeld. =]

rick08
October 30th, 2008, 02:42 PM
I prefer to brush after my shower because I would not want to get shampoo or something on my toothbrush. uggghhhh!!

garethsimpsonuk
October 30th, 2008, 04:14 PM
^

yea, at that time in the morning i'd probably put the shampoo on my toothbrush and my toothpaste in my hair.

mips
November 2nd, 2008, 01:27 PM
It is because of minirals, there are too few bacteria that can thrive in geysers. The water there should be able to reach more than 100°C because of pressure which keeps the water as liquid and allowes it to reach high numbers. But there are still few bacteria that live on the 100°C + temperatures.

Who runs their geyser at 100°C, it's a major waste of electricity? Over here they are not even on 24hrs, some people have devices to switch them off during non-essential hours. Also, stagnant water in the pipes cool down.

I have used hot water for my noodles and such when Im not too bothered about waiting for proper cold water when I've had the hot one turned on. Its not that big difference any way, and the taste will be overwelmed by other tastes.

You are masking the taste.

I guess the taste of the water only depends on it's purity, which would mean that the south african geysers are not giveing good enough water.

Tap water here is good, it's the water coming out of the geyser that is crap. Local study once found that some of the mineral waters available contain more crap than than the tap water.

lukjad
November 2nd, 2008, 01:35 PM
grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't worry, I didn't vote! :p

jacobw.uk
November 2nd, 2008, 01:51 PM
Nope. I walk around the house while I brush my teeth, gives me time to do odd things that need doing lol.

init1
November 2nd, 2008, 02:05 PM
It's never occured to me to try that, but I should try it sometime

adamogardner
November 2nd, 2008, 09:47 PM
What a great idea. I'm doing it from now on. How do I mark the poll? I guess I'll brush in the shower for a week and then come back to it and mark yea. I need a way to keep my dental paraphenelia seperate but near from my shower accesories. My spelling sucks

myusername
November 2nd, 2008, 10:46 PM
i brush before i shower. this way i dont get toothpaste all over me

lisati
November 3rd, 2008, 07:16 AM
True: somehow peeing doesn't sit well with teeth-washing

I saw on TV once that pee was once used for washing clothes. And we all know that we can believe everything we see on TV.

mips
November 3rd, 2008, 10:15 AM
I saw on TV once that pee was once used for washing clothes. And we all know that we can believe everything we see on TV.

Urine has had it's uses in the textile industry though, it has also been used as a disinfectant for open wounds.

lukjad
November 3rd, 2008, 01:33 PM
Urine has had it's uses in the textile industry though, it has also been used as a disinfectant for open wounds.
And ancient Egyptians used fecal matter of the Pharaohs to put on the wounds of soldiers.