PDA

View Full Version : What time can Istart downloading?

eternalnewbee
October 29th, 2008, 11:12 AM
I am in Thailand. It is now 17:10 local time. What time can I start Downloading 8.10 final?

blablatestbla
October 29th, 2008, 11:21 AM
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IntrepidReleaseSchedule

It's not the 30th yet, or at least it isn't in the UK where Canonical is based. Patience...

mybunche
October 29th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Hope to see all you people on these forums tomorrow waiting for the 8.10 release, it will be a blast.

eternalnewbee
October 29th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Hope to see all you people on these forums tomorrow waiting for the 8.10 release, it will be a blast.
You don't have to wait till tomorrow. we are here already.

blablatestbla
October 29th, 2008, 11:29 AM
You don't have to wait till tomorrow. we are here already.

Yes... but when it comes to the 30th, all that matters is the 30th in London, what with time zones and all. Just because you hit the 30th before London means jack, since it's released at the same time worldwide.

blablatestbla
October 29th, 2008, 11:30 AM
I'm in Adelaide. Unless Canonical are going for a midnight release (which is possible), you may have to wait until Friday morning before it's available from our point of view.

Or you could stay up late, but unfortunately that's an incredibly geeky thing to do. My girlfriend probably wouldn't appreciate it, and neither would I. ;)

eternalnewbee
October 29th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Yes... but when it comes to the 30th, all that matters is the 30th in London, what with time zones and all. Just because you hit the 30th before London means jack, since it's released at the same time worldwide.
Sorry for my dry Dutch humour:lolflag:

mybunche
October 29th, 2008, 12:03 PM
I'll staying up late tomorrow for the these forums and the download of course. :)

billgoldberg
October 29th, 2008, 12:38 PM
I am in Thailand. It is now 17:10 local time. What time can I start Downloading 8.10 final?

Start downloading the RC now and install it.

When the final comes out you'll be prompted for an update.

There isn't much that is going to be changed in the final compared to the rc.

eternalnewbee
October 29th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Start downloading the RC now and install it.

When the final comes out you'll be prompted for an update.

There isn't much that is going to be changed in the final compared to the rc.
Thanks billgoldberg. Here we go.

AndyCooll
October 29th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Question is, does it mean that if you're on the West Coast of America you should wait until you reach midnight in your own timezone, even though it will already have been released in London?!? :lolflag:

:cool: