PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] All GTK apps crash after upgrade to 8.10

aashay
October 29th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Alright, this has really caught me off guard and I really need to fix this asap. I just upgraded 8.04 to 8.10. But now, all GTK based applications crash without any warnings, messages.
I had openbox installed and gdm set to autologin so somehow, the first time I started after the upgrade, I was put into an openbox session. I tried to open the terminal but it crashed. Same story with ff, gedit or any other non-QT application (amarok started up flawlessly). The worst part is even the GDM greeter crashes-restarts-crashes-restarts-... infinitely if i 'exit' the openbox session.
Opening aptitude does mention something about packages needed to be installed but they are all -dev packages and should not affect this situation.
Any help would be really appreciated as my primary OS has crashed and I can't continue working without it.

Amarsingh0793
October 29th, 2008, 10:23 PM
1 Day left for 8.10's official stable release, so if possible, check for updates via a failsafe terminal session. This could be a bug which has had a fix released for it.

Good Luck :)