PDA

View Full Version : Desinging Flash-rich website with Adobe Web Premium!

jeyaganesh
October 28th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Hi,
I would like to create a Flash-rich website with some of my photographs. Is Adobe Web Premium easy to create such a website?

I am planning to buy Adobe photoshop student edition in few weeks. If I spend little bit more money I can buy Adobe Web Premium student edition. Web Premium comes with Photoshop Extend, Dreamweaver, Flash, etc.

Is there any other easy-to-create website software?

timcredible
October 28th, 2008, 05:31 PM
joomla (http://joomla.org) or drupal (http://drupal.org) is the best and easiest way to do this. and it's all open source, so it's free. you need zero knowledge of web programming, it's all point-click. click on my sig link to find more info about joomla.

jeyaganesh
October 28th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Hi Timcredible,
Thanks for your reply.

billgoldberg
October 28th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Are you sure you can create flash websites with joomla or drupal?

They are just content management systems.

jeyaganesh
October 28th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Yes, In their website also, they doesnt mention about Flash.

maruchan
October 28th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Something like Joomla would work well if you want a flash or javascript photo gallery with a nice backend. I've done many galleries this way, and you can make the site as limited or extensive as you like.

You might also look into JAlbum - they have flash gallery templates available that are very nice (like Bananalbum) and you just drag + drop files to create galleries.

jeyaganesh
October 28th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Hi Maruchan,
Thanks for your information.

jeyaganesh
October 29th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Is it easy to design website using Dreamweaver?

sealview
October 29th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Dreamweaver is a very beautiful application for making website, and easy to understand. Also by the time you'll find it indispensable for website creation.

Probably for a flash-rich website you might have to know some AS2 or AS3 so that you can make a photo album.
But can find a lot of tutorials and examples for flash based website (if you'd like to learn).
Adobe Web Premium Student Edition would fit nice for a person who wants to learn.

My opinion!