PDA

View Full Version : screamer in word docs

hyperhopper
October 28th, 2008, 02:52 PM
dont know what forums this goes in, but does anybody know if there is a way to play an audio clip when a picture in a word doc comes onto the screen or a pace is scrolled down to?
can be in openovffice wordperfect

or the dreaded microsoft word(at my scool)

SunnyRabbiera
October 28th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Open office does have the capacity of loading music and such in documents.

hyperhopper
October 28th, 2008, 02:58 PM
maybe wordperfect or the vb in msword? sorry never done any vb, all i know is gw basic and just learning python....

DeadSuperHero
October 28th, 2008, 04:35 PM
One could theoretically use a folder disguised as a word .doc, and have it hold some kind of program inside it that would play an embedded screaming sound and display a scary face when the reader gets to a certain page. Word docs tend to be parsed with XML, I think, so it's quite viable.

Or, just go with a VBA macro or whatnot.

Giant Speck
October 28th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Great. I am overly paranoid with YouTube videos as it is. Now I have to worry about Word documents?

What next? Wikiscreamers?

hyperhopper
October 28th, 2008, 08:16 PM
how would i do that mr psycopath?

@ giant speck

lol

how did u make your avatar?
is there a way to replace that *dreaded symbol* with tux?

LaRoza
October 28th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Great. I am overly paranoid with YouTube videos as it is. Now I have to worry about Word documents?

What next? Wikiscreamers?

No, forum PM screamers. We currently use them for spammers, but we are thinking of having it set to random for all PM's.

Seriously, for youtube, just look at the comments and rating. A very low rating on a video that shouldn't be so bad, is not worth watching. If comments and rating is disabled...then I'm paranoid.

Screamers don't bother me or startle me, but they are a big waste of time.

hyperhopper
October 30th, 2008, 11:10 PM
nah, i just want to be --- original, we are doin "scary" stories--- not halloween related, poe related, just wanna be original.....

and, on the side conversation, screamers would be better if they were like 30 seconds.... with the scream at 25....

clanky
October 30th, 2008, 11:15 PM
No, forum PM screamers. We currently use them for spammers, but we are thinking of having it set to random for all PM's.

lol, I want one, I want one, I want one.

*Off to post loads of random spam to try and get a screamer from LaRoza* :D

hyperhopper
October 30th, 2008, 11:21 PM
me too~!!! W4NT M0AR BEENZ AND SCR33MRZ LOLOL