PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Mouse has gone crazy...

redgsturbo
October 28th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Booted up my laptop this morning (default one day old intrepid build) and the mouse has started doing strange things... using the post thing embedded in the keyboard keeps jumping seemingly randomly... double click and hold to drag items stopped working... double click and hold to drag an open window by its titlebar still works. double click to open a folder on the desktop doesn't work anymore... how do I fix this or at least reload the default configurations for X11 in its entirety?

lunarcloud
October 28th, 2008, 03:57 PM
They updated, broke, and fixed xorg input drivers, just try updating.

Perhaps, reboot, go into the repair/recovery thingy in grub.

choose fix X.org or xfix or whatever.

redgsturbo
October 28th, 2008, 04:43 PM
They updated, broke, and fixed xorg input drivers, just try updating.

Perhaps, reboot, go into the repair/recovery thingy in grub.

choose fix X.org or xfix or whatever.

I am a gentoo guy... looking at the xorg.conf file, there was no screen setup or any thing other than loading the nvidia driver.... does ubuntu reference a different location for the xorg.conf? how does x get configured?

redgsturbo
October 28th, 2008, 06:24 PM
That seems to have worked... now though, if the mouse is moving at all and I click, the pointer jumps a great deal to the direction the mouse is moving, proportionate to how fast the mouse is moving... ??

jacekpod
October 29th, 2008, 03:51 PM
i hope following link helps :idea:

http://www.idevelopment.info/data/Unix/Linux/LINUX_ErraticMouseBehaviorwithMouseFedoraandBelkin KVM.shtml