October 28th, 2008, 01:37 PM
feel free to download it and pin up some copies if you wish

tell me what you think.

xouns
October 28th, 2008, 01:43 PM
You mean apart from the huge typ-o?

itisbasi
October 28th, 2008, 01:43 PM
easyer?? Is that intentional or just a typo?

xoger
October 28th, 2008, 01:47 PM
damn my spelling. apart from that, what do you think

Prefix100
October 28th, 2008, 02:22 PM
I don't like it.

The logo is scaled badly so has lost a lot of quality, the fonts don't work together, the colours aren't exciting, and what's with the triangles?

xoger
October 28th, 2008, 02:42 PM
have you tried looking at it full screen

perlluver
October 28th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Even at full screen, the logo still looks sloppy, and also the grammar and spelling.

Marshal0505
October 28th, 2008, 02:56 PM
You should also correct 'you pc' and 'efficently' to 'your pc' and 'efficiently'

ps: nothing beats the live-cd for promotion :)

xoger
October 28th, 2008, 03:03 PM
what deos everyone think of the layout.

P.S. thanks for the constructive criticism

Dragonbite
October 28th, 2008, 03:04 PM
The font used in the header is great for grabbing your eyes. It's the first thing my eyes are attracted to. While the size and color are pretty good, the font is a little difficult to read. The "M" and the "A" are too similar and close enough together that it is confusing in a quick glance and the header needs to be split-second-readable.

The colors you picked for the triangles in the corner are pretty good. It gives me the impression that I am looking at a piece of paper on a wooden table-top and it pulls in the Ubuntu color scheme nicely. The sharp symetric lines of the triangle edges, though, does not fit in so well with the more broken logo/text/penguin which contains no straight lines. Even the logo breaks up the left margin used in the text (which looks good).

I'm not sure if you were looking for the "piece of paper on wooden table top" effect but taking the white portion and rotating it a few degrees (see how it works with the text not rotated, and then with the text rotated) would help break up the straight lines and help the corners and the rest of the poster co-exist a little more smoothly.

The colors are not bad, I would try introducing a little more orange to counter-balance the brown and pull in that color from the logo. You do this nicely with the yellowish header text and the yellow of the logo.

Don't get me wrong, though. It looks good! The color scheme is good and consistent with Ubuntu, the icon and penguin are appropriate and placed for counter-balancing each other and the header is an eye-grabber!

Therion
October 28th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Hate to dogpile but the grammar is incorrect as well.

You should change it to read either "Get the Most Out of Your PC" or "Make the Most of Your PC."

Flynn555
October 28th, 2008, 03:11 PM
meh...its a good idea, but could use some work. keep it up ;)

Dragonbite
October 28th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Would it be better with "OS" or spelling out "Operating System"? Average people may not recognize "OS" for operating system unless they know that Ubuntu is for the computer, or the penguin is related to the computer.

Also, using acronyms makes some people feel intimidated if they don't know what it is immediately and think it will be for a more advanced group of people (users).