PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] brother DCP-115c printer not working

PhilOHara
October 28th, 2008, 11:10 AM
I have just installed 64 bit version of Ubuntu 8.04 and am trying to get my Brother DCP-115c printer to work....ubuntu does not seem to want to run the install disc I have....any ideas I how to get it going....regards Phil

TopEnder
October 28th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Phil,

You need to do a search for your printer in Synaptic Package Manager and install the packages (drivers)for your printer I think there is about four (4) you have to install. You could also check for post by me TopEnder and others re: Brother printer - DCP-130C, DCP-150C installation and most of the DCP range of printers a very similar to install.
I beleive the ones you need are:
brother-lpr-drivers-extra
brother-lpr-drivers-common
brother-cups-wrapper-extra
brother-cups-wrapper-common

The Scanner side of your printer is a little different to install but if you follow the post started by BroadDWorld (do a search) - many posts but worth the read also the Brothers Web site will help you with solutions and they a pretty good at help you out with problems. Back to work now on this Windows machine, hope the above helps you in getting you printing. TopEnder

roger_1960
October 28th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Hi

I have two of these printers. I started here:

http://solutions.brother.com/linux/en_us/index.html

and got them working. It was a while ago and I cant remember all the details. I think I use CUPS and the MFC210 driver as suggested by brother.