PDA

View Full Version : ZaReason Breeze 3110 GET!

zmjjmz
October 28th, 2008, 03:18 AM
http://ldtooc.blogspot.com/2008/10/new-family-computer.html
Hate to blogspam you, but I couldn't easily find any other reviews/unboxing videos.

It's pretty good and they've done a lot of great things with it, so I'm a happy customer.

ad_267
October 28th, 2008, 03:29 AM
Nice. I'm jealous :)

JawsThemeSwimming428
October 28th, 2008, 03:48 AM
Very nice... haven't looked at ZaReason for awhile.

kernelhaxor
October 28th, 2008, 04:14 AM
jus checked their desktops .. they are so expensive .. Dell is cheaper and if I build one myself, it'll be cheaper too ..

Anyway you say they've done great things, what exactly have they done to the system?

zmjjmz
October 28th, 2008, 05:12 AM
jus checked their desktops .. they are so expensive .. Dell is cheaper and if I build one myself, it'll be cheaper too ...

You honestly think their desktops are expensive?
Well first of all, Dell only offers one desktop with Linux, which starts at...
$428.
ZaReason's cheapest desktop starts at what, $220?

Oh and they just have everything setup and accounted for. If you insist that Linux doesn't work out of the box, just try this.

kernelhaxor
October 28th, 2008, 06:20 AM
You honestly think their desktops are expensive?
Well first of all, Dell only offers one desktop with Linux, which starts at...
$428.
ZaReason's cheapest desktop starts at what, $220?

But the $220 one has a Celeron 1.6Ghz processor .. I changed the processor on that and other things and the price does come up quite a bit ..
the 428$ one from Dell includes a 17" monitor too and also a DVD+/-RW and other things ..I'm jus sayin an equally configured computer wud cost more from Zareason than Dell

I do appreciate what ZaReason is doing .. and am glad to see them promoting Linux .. all I said was that I felt their prices were expensive ..

If you insist that Linux doesn't work out of the box, just try this.
I never said Linux doesn't work out of the box .. I have installed Linux on about 4 computers so far and in every single one of them, it's worked out of the box!
I built a computer from parts (didn't check Linux compatibility or anything) and Ubuntu worked out of the box on that one too!