PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] "Login Window" does not open correctly

uho
October 27th, 2008, 11:22 PM
I recently installed ubuntu on my dell inspiron 1525. I was playing around with it and I modified the theme of the login screen via "Login Window". However, now when I try to open this app (System->Administration->Login Window), I see the application dialog flash and then immediately quit.

warleggon
October 27th, 2008, 11:49 PM
This is something to try at least.Open up a terminal window and try:

gksu /usr/sbin/gdmsetup

See if that will allow you to get into the interface.

uho
October 28th, 2008, 03:03 AM
gdmsetup[13766]: GLib-CRITICAL: g_error_free: assertion `error != NULL' failed
gdmsetup[13766]: GLib-GIO-CRITICAL: g_simple_async_result_set_from_error: assertion `error != NULL' failed
gdmsetup[13766]: GLib-GIO-WARNING: (/build/buildd/glib2.0-2.16.6/gio/gfile.c:5249):IA__g_file_load_partial_contents_fin ish: runtime check failed: (g_simple_async_result_get_source_tag (simple) == g_file_load_contents_async)

This is what the terminal sends back to me

When I run 'sudo gksu /usr/sbin/gdmsetup':

GLib-GIO-CRITICAL: g_simple_async_result_set_from_error: assertion `error != NULL' failed
gdmsetup[13795]: GLib-CRITICAL: g_error_free: assertion `error != NULL' failed
gdmsetup[13795]: GLib-GIO-CRITICAL: g_simple_async_result_set_from_error: assertion `error != NULL' failed
gdmsetup[13795]: GLib-GIO-WARNING: (/build/buildd/glib2.0-2.16.6/gio/gfile.c:5249):IA__g_file_load_partial_contents_fin ish: runtime check failed: (g_simple_async_result_get_source_tag (simple) == g_file_load_contents_async)

uho
October 31st, 2008, 03:53 AM
bump*