PDA

View Full Version : How to be annoying on Facebook

jamieh
October 27th, 2008, 06:09 PM
I used to be on Facebook alot, but I've since drifted away because everyone on there are such babies.

How to be annoying on facebook:
~ Get mad and call people "stalkers" if they comment on more that 5 of your photos
~ Clutter up your page with those completely useless apps like "Are you left-brained or right-brained?"
~ "hi this is tara and john, the owners of facebook. if you don't repost this on all of your friends walls your account will close down and you will die and [other pointless rants] [something about your crush kissing you on a friday]"
~ "DontEverUseTheSpacebarWhenNamingYourPhotoAlbums!!! !!!!!!!!!<3"

Continue the list.

Other "How to be annoying on..." threads:
~ How to be annoying on Instant Messenger (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=928413)
~ How to have an annoying website (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=949196)

gjoellee
October 27th, 2008, 06:11 PM
I don't make a Facebook account because of the bad license they have! It's really bad! However...nice ways to be annoying :P

Ozor Mox
October 27th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Change your relationship status every 10 minutes.
Change your status every 10 minutes.
Change your profile picture every 10 minutes.
Remove someone from your friend list and keep asking them to add you repeatedly.
If someone sends you a friend request, insist that you must be in a relationship or related to them before you'll add them.

clanky
October 27th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Send someone who you only know through mutual friends a friend request and get all upset when they turn down your request even though you are barely acquaintances, then send messages to all of their friends telling them what a nasty backstabbing person they are.

See my "why i hate facebook" thread for details :D

I actually love facebook because it allows me to keep in touch with friends and family while I am working away from home, but it does have its faults.

sethvath
October 27th, 2008, 06:24 PM

I tried that and my wife promptly called me up.

jamieh
October 27th, 2008, 06:30 PM

haha
Girls that set their relationship status to be married to their best friend

Change your status every 10 minutes.

I think calling it "what are you doing right now" was a big mistake
10:54: "Connie is eating a sandwich"
10:55: "Connie is no longer eating a sandwich"
10:56: "Connie is feeding the dog"
10:57: "Connie dropped her cellphone"
10:57:04: "Connie picked it up"
11:04: "Connie is SORRY I COULDN'T POST FOR 5 MINUTES BCAUSE I GOT A WEIRD BLUE SCREEN THINGEE ON MY COMPUTER"

RiceMonster
October 27th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Send requests to everyone your friends list for 198032291847 obnoxious applications that anyone with half a brain doesn't want to use.

Flirt with your girl/boyfriend through status messages. ex: "Sally thinks Frank is super hot and can't wait to see him tonight!"

jamieh
October 27th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Flirt with your girl/boyfriend through status messages. ex: "Sally thinks Frank is super hot and can't wait to see him tonight!"

Haha I know people that do that. "I LOVE YOU BLAIR-BEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

My friend Blair and her boyfriend do this WAYYY too much, all in capital letters.

ZankerH
October 27th, 2008, 07:58 PM
I annoy my friends, relatives and other acquaintances by preaching to them about personal privacy, important personal data and preposterous licences the social networking sites use every time they attempt to persuade me to register on one.

Kingsley
October 27th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Steal someone's Facebook account.

SomeGuyDude
October 27th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Man, there's a million. But the one that gets me?

Become angry with people if they didn't see that you did something on Facebook.

I've had friends legitimately angry with me because they posted something hilarious/adorable/awesome on Facebook and I didn't know because I just don't check the damn site.

jamieh
November 8th, 2008, 02:13 AM
Man, there's a million. But the one that gets me?

Become angry with people if they didn't see that you did something on Facebook.

I've had friends legitimately angry with me because they posted something hilarious/adorable/awesome on Facebook and I didn't know because I just don't check the damn site.

Oh that must be annoying.

Still, my biggest pet peeve on FB is people who get pissed and call you a stalker and such if you comment on like 3 of there photos. I assume there is some kind of one-comment-per-week law?

jamieh
November 15th, 2008, 03:43 AM
Refer to Facebook as if it's a singular object.

As in:
"Do you have a facebook?"
"You should get one"

Polygon
November 15th, 2008, 03:47 AM
Refer to Facebook as if it's a singular object.

As in:
"Do you have a facebook?"
"You should get one"

i don't see anything wrong with that.

tvtech
November 15th, 2008, 03:49 AM
simply having an account on facebook would be annoying to me.

avahi
April 17th, 2009, 02:56 AM
i don't see anything wrong with that.

This pisses me off too.

Do you own car?
Get it.

Could I have paper clips?
Get one.

It just sounds messy.

swoll1980
April 17th, 2009, 03:03 AM
It would be like making a list of "how to make dog poop stink?" It's already annoying to begin with.

Giant Speck
April 17th, 2009, 03:09 AM
Considering the new layout that Facebook has forced upon us, you could be annoying just using an app. The new layout no longer has the option to block all applications from the news feed. Instead, you have to wait until your friends take stupid quizzes and spam up the news feed to block each application individually.

This is what my Facebook news feed looks like nowadays:

Friend 1 has taken the "What kind of car are you?" quiz!
Friend 2 has taken the "What kind of tree are you?" quiz!
Friend 1 just scored 1000 points in Silly Happy-Go-Lucky Pillow Fight Pandemonium! Can you beat her score?
Friend 3 has taken the "What nationality should you be?" quiz!
Friend 4 reached level 7 in Crazy Crazy Bo Bazy Sheep Toss Extravaganza! Can you top that?
Friend 5 is [status message]

Polygon
April 17th, 2009, 03:12 AM
This pisses me off too.

Do you own car?
Get it.

Could I have paper clips?
Get one.

It just sounds messy.

not 'facebook', A facebook

"do you have A facebook?"

referring to a facebook account