PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Motherboard Help

abbott@abbottm9.fsnet.co.
October 27th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Can you help .
I have pulled out the plugs into the bios on a nVidia nForce2 Motherboard, I have 2 2 pin plugs and 2 1 pin. I have fitted the 2 2 pin plugs but I am having trouble with the 2 1 pin , one is power led the othe is cdn black. The socket has 9 pins 4 by 2 and one on its own. Looking down on the socket with the bottom down I have 5 pins on the bottom and four on the top. Help
Bud A

Elfy
October 27th, 2008, 05:22 PM
I would look on the board for motherboard part number and go to the manufacturers site - you should be able to download docs for the board and which cable goes where.

Usually you can read on the board what pin does what.

dburnett77
October 28th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Can you help .
I have pulled out the plugs into the bios on a nVidia nForce2 Motherboard, I have 2 2 pin plugs and 2 1 pin. I have fitted the 2 2 pin plugs but I am having trouble with the 2 1 pin , one is power led the othe is cdn black. The socket has 9 pins 4 by 2 and one on its own. Looking down on the socket with the bottom down I have 5 pins on the bottom and four on the top. Help
Bud A

What jumper state are you looking for. I assume your not talking about a chip puller, as this is quite dangerous and should only be done at the factory. The pin settings for the cdn/cdr are indication of the interface for the control network interface, in witch case, you should only have 5 options. Might have to just try them all.