PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu Studio - Burning ISO problems.

XP.NO!
October 27th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Hey there,

To cut a long story short, I've decided to move from OSX/XP to Linux. I just got fed up with XP, and the price of Macs. After browsing about a bit, I saw that Ubuntu studio would give me everything I wanted.

The problem at the moment is that I can't figure out how to burn the ISO image to DVD. I downloaded the Zip file, and there were loads of files/folders - i just assumed there would be one .iso file. Anyway, if anyone could help me figure out what i should do next, that would be awesome.

here is a screenshot of the contents of the zip file

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e121/THE_BULK/ISOFolderjpg.jpg

P.S I have tried burning an iso image with Deep Burner, and it asked for an .iso file (and nothing more), but i though that the files the zip came with MUST have been important and in some way needed, and i didn't want to waste a DVD finding out that this was the case.

Many Thanks,
Joe

tbugge
October 27th, 2008, 02:35 PM
don't extract the zip file.. just burn it right on to the cd/dvd media as you would do to an iso file.. then you just boot with the disc and the setup will begin

XP.NO!
October 27th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Cheers for that. Hopefully I wont plunge into a world of problems when installing it!

Jamesj84
September 12th, 2010, 10:45 PM
Hi Ive had the same problem, if you use the usb creator included with the 10.10 beta it doesn't accept the zip file as a disk image? also burning the zip to CD didnt work for me ether?!?!? PLZ HELP IM STUCK IN XP ](*,)

UVDan
November 18th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Thanks. That solved my first problem. I am seriously looking forward to experiencing Ubuntu Studio.