PDA

View Full Version : UFC-style Fight: rms, Linus, Shuttleworth...

earthpigg
October 27th, 2008, 11:55 AM
With the ruleset from UFC 1, and time to recover between matches, who of those three would end up able to beat the other two?

UFC 1 fight rules in a nutshell - no biting, no gouging, no kicking if you choose to wear shoes, gloves entirely optional, no weight class, victory by either submission or knockout.

groin shots, kicking on the ground, being Brazillian, arm snapping, crazy wristlocks, etc, all allowed.

how do you think the fights would go?

would rms try and scold shuttleworth about freedom to psych him out?

would linus all of a sudden go from Mr Nice Guy to a dude that makes the Finnish success during the Winter War suddenly make sense?

chucky chuckaluck
October 27th, 2008, 12:06 PM
the audience would be the biggest loser.

t0p
October 27th, 2008, 12:12 PM
rms is probably a pacifist. A great big fat pacifist. Anyone he sits on is out of the competition for ever.

Linus and Shuttleworth are both pragmatists. Which means they'd bring firearms.

earthpigg
October 27th, 2008, 12:16 PM
rms is probably a pacifist. A great big fat pacifist. Anyone he sits on is out of the competition for ever.

i doubt it. he has stated that he is 'thankfull' for American soldiers that have fought for our collective freedom and all that.

Linus and Shuttleworth are both pragmatists. Which means they'd bring firearms.

but they both also play by the rules - hence the lack of unix code in linux kernel, lack of region-coded DVD support out of the box in ubuntu, etc.

Trail
October 27th, 2008, 01:50 PM
RMS is armed with a helmet (tin foil) and katanas. I'd / for him.

billgoldberg
October 27th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Mark seems like he is in pretty good condition.

Last time I say Linus give a speech (on youtube) he wasn't.

Richard, well he's just fat.

That's why I vote Mark.

Ub1476
October 27th, 2008, 02:31 PM
I guess the youngest win and that would be Mark. Linus might take up a good fight though.

forrestcupp
October 27th, 2008, 02:59 PM
I've seen a video of RMS ripping a corn off of his foot with his teeth and chewing it up during a college Q&A session. I think he would win. Besides, RMS is definitely the scariest looking one of the three.

That doesn't mean I would want him to be the winner, though.

elmer_42
October 27th, 2008, 03:26 PM
I've seen a video of RMS ripping a corn off of his foot with his teeth and chewing it up
Why, oh why did you have to say that? I feel nauseated now.

LaRoza
October 27th, 2008, 03:29 PM
While they were fighting, Steve Ballmer would sneak up and stab them in the backs and claim victory.

ZankerH
October 27th, 2008, 03:47 PM
RMS distracts Linus with a monologue on why it should be GNU/Linux and Mark with a preach on Ubuntu embracing non-free software, then catches them off their guard and knocks them out.

bwhite82
October 27th, 2008, 03:57 PM
What? You noobs. Ian Murdock would enter the arena and throw OpenSolaris discs like ninja stars and kill them all.

Edit: Wait, no weapons....Well if groin shots are allowed then I still say Ian, if not then I think he'd lose...

billgoldberg
October 27th, 2008, 04:09 PM
It was only a matter of time before this comic would be posted, so I'll take the honours.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/open_source.png

lukjad
October 27th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Where's the: This is a stupid question choice.

earthpigg
October 27th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Where's the: This is a stupid question choice.

clearly, you are not in your right mind if you would choose that option. i was trying to prevent you from looking like a fool. i am here for you, dont worry!

lukjad
October 27th, 2008, 07:57 PM
No, the one that would not be in the right mind would be the: This is the sexiest thread I have ever entered, I will have your babies Earthpigg.

earthpigg
October 28th, 2008, 12:35 PM
so you dont want my babies?

im gonna send linus after you....

nrs
October 28th, 2008, 01:15 PM
RMS is the strongest of the three, mentally. I don't see him as a quiter. Reminded of a Simpsons episode..

forrestcupp
October 28th, 2008, 01:42 PM
No, the one that would not be in the right mind would be the: This is the sexiest thread I have ever entered, I will have your babies Earthpigg.

ha, ha. Yeah! Whoever is the one that voted that option, please come forward and make earthpigg's life. :)

lukjad
October 28th, 2008, 01:50 PM
I think it's Earthpigg.

earthpigg
October 29th, 2008, 12:30 AM
no, it wasn't... i voted for linus :)

Changturkey
October 29th, 2008, 12:33 AM
the audience would be the biggest loser.

lol.

-grubby
October 29th, 2008, 12:39 AM
I voted RMS

chucky chuckaluck
October 29th, 2008, 01:26 AM
although 'RMS by RNC' has a certain ring to it, i don't see it happening.

mfarquhar
October 29th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Stallman, skilled as he is at digging his heels in, may be able to just outlast Linus and Mark.

Antarctica32
May 11th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Mark is by far the most physicly fit of all. I would actually say he could probably fight off RMS and torvalds at once. RMS' super power is the best though: he can fly. Torvalds would be able to hold him down though with his super strength he gets whenever someone says that the Hurd is better. Yet Mark has been in space so.... yeh

sydbat
May 11th, 2011, 12:30 AM
Mark is by far the most physicly fit of all. I would actually say he could probably fight off RMS and torvalds at once. RMS' super power is the best though: he can fly. Torvalds would be able to hold him down though with his super strength he gets whenever someone says that the Hurd is better. Yet Mark has been in space so.... yehExcellent necro. You win an Internets...

uRock
May 11th, 2011, 12:44 AM
Necromancy

Thread Closed