PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] i can't get ubuntu to work for windows 98

zefeldo
October 26th, 2008, 06:28 PM
k i put it on my computer so when you start up you can choose between ubuntu or windows 98 if you choose ubuntu it will work normally untill it gets to a certain part then it gets screwed up. it says grafficts failed and so if i choose continue (in low graphics mode) it will just go back to the screen with four words and at the end OK. it will stay there for hours and do nothing. if i choose to find the graphics card im using all of them fail. and i cant get another graphics card because that one is the best kind it has. and i cant go to control panel to take it out either.
im sorry i did not add this before but all the types of anything Could not work on my gay computer.

Also go here if you want free ipods and stuff.
http://www.rewards1.com/index.php?referrer_id=453431

the8thstar
October 26th, 2008, 06:37 PM
First advice: have you updated Ubuntu to the latest version through Update Manager? An old driver might be your problem and a simple update might solve it.

Second advice: if you give us more info about the graphics card (brand, type, version), we might be able to help.

Third advice: it's not good to entice people into getting into ring-like sytems -- please refrain from advertising that or I'll report you.