PDA

View Full Version : --new ubuntu tips guide coming 2009!--

fikelfikel
October 26th, 2008, 06:16 PM
I am making a tips and tricks guide that will be published in 2009. I need your help, with tips and tricks. It can be anything to do with Ubuntu, programs, hacks, updates, anything! When published online, there will be a link to the guide.

We will have one each year, so get writing to me!

Each tip will get published, please do not post them here on this thread.

To post your tips and tricks, send me a private message with the following details,

1. Your tip, or tips.
2. What it will work on.
3. What spec's they need.
4. Desktop environment (optional)

GET POSTING!

bapoumba
October 27th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Moved to The Community Cafe.

kernelhaxor
October 27th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Why private message? If posted here in this thread, everyone else can read too and benefit!

Alright, this is something most people already know but it might still help a lot others:

To run a command in a shell without opening one: Hit Alt+F2 and then type the command in the small text window that pops up.
Works both in KDE & Gnome. Not sure about XFCE.

fikelfikel
October 28th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Why private message? If posted here in this thread, everyone else can read too and benefit!

Alright, this is something most people already know but it might still help a lot others:

To run a command in a shell without opening one: Hit Alt+F2 and then type the command in the small text window that pops up.
Works both in KDE & Gnome. Not sure about XFCE.

No, the reason private message is because they will, at the start of 2009 be able to view it.

Anyway, If I get at least 100 tips in private message, i'll launch the guide. But we will have one every year.

I will post ur one on it, but could u tell me what versions of ubuntu they work on?

bapoumba
October 28th, 2008, 10:59 AM
You know, one easy way to give credits to the ones who contributed to your guide would be to have the tips posted here and link back to this thread.. Just sayin'

fikelfikel
October 29th, 2008, 02:37 PM
You know, one easy way to give credits to the ones who contributed to your guide would be to have the tips posted here and link back to this thread.. Just sayin'

Well... I suppose it would be a good idea. Thanks!

From now on, there are two methods, Private Message, or thread. Thanks for the great idea.

EDIT: Actually, would you not mind if I asked you a favour? Can you spread the word about it, and, if you want add it to your signature?

fatality_uk
October 29th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Or collect the ideas and put out a book in 2009!!!??? Maybe not.
The idea of a community is that ideas & knowledge are shared for the benfit of all.
Unless your gonna cut me in for 50% of the royalties, then we in busness :)

fikelfikel
October 29th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Or collect the ideas and put out a book in 2009!!!??? Maybe not.
The idea of a community is that ideas & knowledge are shared for the benfit of all.
Unless your gonna cut me in for 50% of the royalties, then we in busness :)

Hi. I'm not paying anyone. Have you ever heard about an "Open Source Project"? It's simple, free, others help, no money whatsoever (unless donating). Anyway, if you want to help, you can also make a really cool logo for it, or post tips in.

Vadi
October 29th, 2008, 05:11 PM
I'm already content with http://ubuntukungfu.org/