PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cannot install - Blinking cursor

Mcgeesteh
October 26th, 2008, 01:45 AM
Hi,

Recently I installed ubuntu on a dual boot with vista which went ok- up untill I had some graphics driver problems and now when I select Ubuntu from the grub loader it just says "Loading Up..." and stays that way untill I restart. So, I decided to do a fresh install, but now when I put the Ubuntu CD in and boot, I select my language and then go "Install Ubuntu", but as soon as I do that it just goes to a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left corner. If I try to check the disc for errors or other menu options, it just does the same blinking cursor thing again.

Any help is appreciated.

JC Cheloven
October 26th, 2008, 02:54 AM
It could be a corrupted CD. It happens sometimes. Try burning a new one, at low speed.

Otherwise, have a look at this post (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6034080#post6034080) I've just answered.
Greetings

Mcgeesteh
October 26th, 2008, 03:01 AM
Thanks for the reply. I got the CD from "ShipIt", and it worked fine when I installed the first time. Ontop of this, it does it for both the regular ubuntu cd, and the kubuntu one aswell. So I think a corrupt CD is pretty unlikely.

Mcgeesteh
October 28th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Bump :confused: