PDA

View Full Version : Linux hater's blog goes EOF.

loell
October 26th, 2008, 12:18 AM
yes, it was fun while it lasted indeed!

http://linuxhaters.blogspot.com/2008/10/eof.html

his views on FOSS, though humorous and hating, did make sense. :)

vexorian
October 26th, 2008, 02:06 AM
That moron was overrated as heck.

DeadSuperHero
October 26th, 2008, 02:27 AM
That moron was overrated as heck.

You obviously aren't catching the fact that it's all sarcasm, are you?

loell
October 26th, 2008, 02:34 AM
yeah, those stupid linux users always gets the wrong impression about him. :D

buzzmandt
October 26th, 2008, 02:59 AM
omfg, rotflmao..........

that was some of the funniest stuff i have read in a long time....and most of it's true. You can defend linux all you want but he had some good points in there.

tdrusk
October 26th, 2008, 05:15 AM
I enjoyed it.

Lord Xeb
October 26th, 2008, 06:13 AM
I wish people would actually try linux before bashing it. I have never used Linux until just this january, but I never said anything bad about it. Just good things. Now, I love it. If only people would try..... /continue rant

loell
October 26th, 2008, 11:46 AM
I wish people would actually try linux before bashing it.

this case is far from it, this one is more involved than the usual, i'd say from his writings he had some experience in free software development.

sub2007
October 26th, 2008, 11:52 AM
I loved this blog, it's a shame it's closing. I found most of the posts hilarious and even though the writer assumed a position of hating Linux they really did know an awful lot about it. It was mainly aimed at the Linux users who consistently insist on evangelizing to all Windows users about how much better Linux is than Windows, not about Linux itself.

fatality_uk
October 26th, 2008, 12:17 PM
You obviously aren't catching the fact that it's all sarcasm, are you?
:D lol It's amazing what you can catch if your not careful! :lol:

As for the blog. It's a poorly written focal point for trolls. The opportunity to use "bad" words on the internet always leaves some 14 year old with a massive thrill.

Chame_Wizard
October 26th, 2008, 12:18 PM
serves him/her right:lolflag:.

loell
October 26th, 2008, 12:58 PM
I like his take on PulseAudio :)

comm'n now, admit it, pulseaudio isn't smooth sailing ever since you've used it.;)

eragon100
October 26th, 2008, 12:59 PM
RIP linuxhaters.blogspot.com.

*Dances on grave* YIPPIEEE :) :popcorn:

I am *almost* as happy as when Jack thompson got disbarred last month.
(that was an epic moment in human history. This is just good news.)

loell
October 26th, 2008, 01:08 PM
RIP linuxhaters.blogspot.com.

*Dances on grave* YIPPIEEE :) :popcorn:

But hey, all the material is out there for y'all to see (it's "open source" in it's own way), so maybe someone else will take up the cause

sooner or later someone will.. :lolflag:

eragon100
October 26th, 2008, 01:21 PM
sooner or later someone will.. :lolflag:

*Me goes buy a bazooka for the occasion* :)

clanky
October 26th, 2008, 01:23 PM
There are others already considering taking over Linux haters blog.

I would hope that it is kept running in one form or another, whether it be more satirical and offensive or more factual and serious.

Giant Speck
October 26th, 2008, 01:25 PM
There are others already considering taking over Linux haters blog.

I would hope that it is kept running in one form or another, whether it be more satirical and offensive or more factual and serious.

I'd rather it stay the way it currently is.

If it was to become more offensive, it would turn in to the smut it rants against.

phoenix_snake
October 26th, 2008, 01:26 PM
I actually liked it reading that blog once I found out about it, sad to see it go.

Linux Hater always made good points, however he or she made them.

edit

by the way nice ending though

"So in true open source fashion, as the maintainer of this project, I am going to arbitrarily drop off the face off the of this earth for purely selfish reasons, and leave the entire cause in limbo. That is how open source projects truly die."

clanky
October 26th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Hhhmmmmmm, yeah maybe, but even that would be better than it just disappearing altogether. To be honest I quite like the sort of level it's at now and Linsux already has the satirical / offensive side of things pretty much covered.

On a side note,how long before this gets hidden in recurring discussions?

Giant Speck
October 26th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Hhhmmmmmm, yeah maybe, but even that would be better than it just disappearing altogether. To be honest I quite like the sort of level it's at now and Linsux already has the satirical / offensive side of things pretty much covered.

Please! Something bad happening to an anti-Linux website? I'm surprised it isn't a sticky!

fatality_uk
October 26th, 2008, 01:32 PM
"It's satirical"
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Misconception+of+satire&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=com.ubuntu:en-GB:unofficial&client=firefox-a

loell
October 26th, 2008, 01:35 PM

let them try, and i'll go ballistic!

kidding.. :lolflag:

I doubt the global or the cafe mods will do that, AFAIK this isn't a recurring topic.

clanky
October 26th, 2008, 01:35 PM
I think we had kind of established that.

Giant Speck
October 26th, 2008, 01:43 PM
I doubt the global or the cafe mods will do that, AFAIK this isn't a recurring topic.

You never know. It seems like ever since the death of OMGPP, all posts in here have to be happy and not cause conflicts, like someone tied up in a straitjacket and on anti-depressants.

loell
October 26th, 2008, 01:47 PM
You never know. It seems like ever since the death of OMGPP, all posts in here have to be happy and not cause conflicts, like someone tied up in a straitjacket and on anti-depressants.

oh! but this is happy momment for those that didn't get the point of the blog or the technicalities therein.

happy times for the naive, "dumb enough" Fan boys.. :biggrin: :lolflag:

phoenix_snake
October 26th, 2008, 02:02 PM
there is one bad thing though that no will know who the original owner was