PDA

View Full Version : What set of electronics do you have and are they integrated?

wersdaluv
October 25th, 2008, 01:34 PM
I guess, just about everyone here owns more than one electronic device. Other than our computers, many of us have mobile phones, music players, and other gadgets.

Integration is a very important thing. By integration, I mean, having PIM data synced, being able to transfer files to music players, having the software to work with other devices, etc. A good example of tight integration is of Apple products. Macs, iPods, iPhones, etc. just work so well with each other. As for Windows, integration is not bad too because just about all gadgets today have software for Windows.

How about you? What set of electronics do you have and how are they integrated or how do they work together?

darrenn
October 25th, 2008, 02:17 PM
This is a little bit off topic. But im thinking of setting up a NAS. Some newer tv's can attach to your network. So in the future im thinking of buying one. I already have three computers and with a tv set a NAS makes sense to me. Also I plan on getting an android cell phone. Which shouldn't give me any problems on integration. My mp3 player works perfectly with ubuntu so everything is ok.

wersdaluv
October 26th, 2008, 01:02 AM
This is a little bit off topic. But im thinking of setting up a NAS. Some newer tv's can attach to your network. So in the future im thinking of buying one. I already have three computers and with a tv set a NAS makes sense to me. Also I plan on getting an android cell phone. Which shouldn't give me any problems on integration. My mp3 player works perfectly with ubuntu so everything is ok.
What's NAS? hehe

kostkon
October 26th, 2008, 05:23 AM
What's NAS? hehe
Network Attached Storage. My NAS is a WD My Book World Edition.

LaRoza
October 26th, 2008, 05:33 AM
No, I don't support exclusive devices. If you get iEverything, they probably work very well together, but it isn't like you have choices. I like to use open standards.

I apply the Unix philosophy to everything.

wersdaluv
October 26th, 2008, 10:37 AM
My laptop communicates with my Pocket PC and SE P990i through their memory cards. I sync my Pocket PC with Windows in my Virtualbox and my P990i with scheduleworld.com sometimes. My lappy works well with our Samsung plasma TV at ho with my PC to TV converter (http://cdrking.com/local/products/index.php?action=submnu&temp=2&typeno=7034274-754362-258585024-9183538&prod=Cd-r%20King&prodcode=8862340-236221-482106101-9429924).

I don't like the fact that my toys are integrated tightly. Good thing my laptop is so small that it kinda works as my PDA.

billgoldberg
October 26th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Two computers and a ps3.

The computers talk to each other using SSH.

My desktop acts as a upnp media server for the PS3.

The laptop and ps3 are connected wirelessly (is that a real word?) to the router, the desktop is wired.

None of our phones are smart phones.

My mp3 player and digital camera acts as an usb mass storage device, so they integrate with Ubuntu as well as they would on any other OS.

wersdaluv
October 26th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Two computers and a ps3.

The computers talk to each other using SSH.

My desktop acts as a upnp media server for the PS3.

The laptop and ps3 are connected wirelessly (is that a real word?) to the router, the desktop is wired.

None of our phones are smart phones.

My mp3 player and digital camera acts as an usb mass storage device, so they integrate with Ubuntu as well as they would on any other OS.
Wow. Everything's "connected." You're lucky :)