PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] [SOLVED] Bookmarks in Thunar

Krydahl
October 24th, 2008, 10:20 PM
I've just started using XFCE. There doesn't seem to be a way to bookmark a directory from thunar.

It looks like it ought to be fairly easy to define a custom action to add directories to my existing gtk-bookmarks file, but I thought I'd check I'm not missing anything obvious before I do that.

kevinmchapman
October 25th, 2008, 09:49 AM
The shortcut pane on the left? Just drag and drop...

Krydahl
October 25th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Doh!

Now that was obvious. Thanks. My excuse is I tend to prefer the tree view. (Not much of one is it?)

Sepero
June 16th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Thanks kevin. Works for me, and definitely easy, but the thunar developers did something very stupid too. Be careful not to drag the folder onto another folder in the sidebar, or instead of creating a shortcut, it will start copying all your files (wtf!) :mad:

thaitang
March 20th, 2013, 09:59 AM
yeah I wouldn't say too obvious. i'll admit it makes sense when one reads about it, but for me i was looking for a "create bookmark" option in the drop-down menus. I think that is how I used to do it in Nautilus.

oh well i am glad I found this post as booksmarks sure are a time saver. yeah i know RTFM the next right?

varunendra
March 20th, 2013, 10:04 AM
yeah I wouldn't say too obvious. i'll admit it makes sense when one reads about it, but for me i was looking for a "create bookmark" option in the drop-down menus. I think that is how I used to do it in Nautilus.

oh well i am glad I found this post as booksmarks sure are a time saver. yeah i know RTFM the next right?

Thanks for the feedback. :)
However, this thread is too old to be bumped. Hence closed..