PDA

View Full Version : I knew it all along....

steveneddy
October 24th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Found this article today.

I found it very enlightening.

http://www.livescience.com/health/081023-farts-blood-pressure.html

treesurf
October 24th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Excellent! I always do feel so much more relaxed after a good fart.

brunovecchi
October 24th, 2008, 05:31 PM
The title is so misleading it's offensive. Farts have almost nothing to do with the discovery of H2S being a transmissor such as N2O. Shame on this pseudo-science journalists.

grotto
October 24th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Awesome tags. :lolflag: I wonder how many people do a search for "fart".

OldDirtyTurtle
October 24th, 2008, 06:56 PM
And here's to a looooong life of happy flatulence!

:lolflag:

steveneddy
October 25th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Hoo boy, after last night's dinner of Chinese food I don't think that I'm gonna have high blood pressure today.

Saint Angeles
October 25th, 2008, 12:22 PM
The title is so misleading it's offensive. Farts have almost nothing to do with the discovery of H2S being a transmissor such as N2O. Shame on this pseudo-science journalists.
since when are farts offensive? if anything, they make people laugh and introduce a small bit of happiness to peoples' lives.

coughs and sneezes just aren't enough for starting good conversation these days...

steveneddy
October 25th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Awesome tags. :lolflag: I wonder how many people do a search for "fart".

Maybe on all of my new threads I'll put the word fart in the tag every so often.

forrestcupp
October 25th, 2008, 02:39 PM
I think I'll stick to the conventional means of treatment rather than be subjected to that kind of aromatherapy. :)

But I get the idea that it does more good inside your body than it does if it's expelled.

brunovecchi
October 25th, 2008, 04:15 PM
since when are farts offensive? if anything, they make people laugh and introduce a small bit of happiness to peoples' lives.

coughs and sneezes just aren't enough for starting good conversation these days...

Of course that farts are not offensive. I'm not *that* uptight. What's offensive is the little relation between the article's title (and the writer's interpretation) with the investigation's purpose and meaning.

The only relation between the research and farts is the fact that the gasotransmisor that they discovered to lower the blood pressure happens to be the same molecule as the one that is found farts, but there is otherwise no physiological conexion between the two. Lowering-pressure H2S acts in minute amounts dissolved in blood serum and is produced by human cells, while farts' gases are produced by bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract. And there they *don't* lower the blood pressure.

I get a little tired with this type of misinformation (which btw happens all the time). Now you'll have casual readers actually thinking that farting, or farts, lower blood pressure. Great.

spupy
October 25th, 2008, 05:04 PM

You are right! :D How are sneezes/coughs better? They don't smell, but help spread viruses. :lolflag:

benny bronx
October 25th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Maybe on all of my new threads I'll put the word fart in the tag every so often.

"Need help with (*farts*) partitioning"
"Wrong screen resolution for (*farts*) login screen"

I don't see that working too well.

spupy
October 25th, 2008, 05:18 PM
"Need help with (*farts*) partitioning"
"Wrong screen resolution for (*farts*) login screen"

I don't see that working too well.

"Need help with fartitioning"

Fixed

d_skillz
October 25th, 2008, 06:00 PM
You are right! :D How are sneezes/coughs better? They don't smell, but help spread viruses. :lolflag:

LOL very interesting article.

smoker
October 25th, 2008, 06:44 PM
you can't beat the smug satisfaction of a silent fragrant fart in a crowded elevator:lolflag: