PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How can I change Recording / Playback Group?

SiHa
October 24th, 2008, 09:07 AM
OK, I've got a list of stuff I've recorded. Until I'd fully got to grips with Myth,I didn't bother assigning a recording group when scheduling, so it's all in the 'Default' group.

I'd like to be able to re-assign recordings to a different group, so that I can use the display filters on the View Recordings menu, but I can't seem to find a way of doing this, from the Frontend GUI, at least.

Am I missing something, or can't I do this from the frontend?

A thought occurs while typing this, could I do this via Mythweb?

Any help appreciated.

Simon

ian dobson
October 24th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Hi,

With mythweb you can change the recording group. Another way would be to modify the tables directly in MySQL using phpMyAdmin or directly from the commandline.

I would recommend mythweb.

Regards
Ian Dobson

SiHa
October 24th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Thanks Ian,
I'll have a look at the Mythweb option tonight - I really don't want to go delving into MySQL just yet. Not until I have a backup system in place anyway!

Cheers,

Simon

SiHa
October 24th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Nope - Mythweb will show the recording group, but it won't let me change it. Ah well - It's not important.

SiHa
October 28th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Now there's a thing.

I looked today, and now when I bring up the menu (cursor right) on a recorded programme within 'watch recordings', and select change storage options -> change recording group, there's the goups to select from.

I think the problem for any that may stumble across this, is that although I had created a new recording group (when scheduling a recording), it was only available once the recording was actually made.

SiHa
October 29th, 2008, 02:47 PM
I've filed this as Bug #290699 (https://bugs.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/+bug/290699)

If I create a recording group, it is only available to add other recordings to, once it has something in it. If I delete all items from a group, the group disappears also, and has to be created again, by the longwinded process of scheduling a recording and creating a new group in the storage options.