October 24th, 2008, 03:09 AM
or is it just slow in here?

alienprdkt
October 30th, 2008, 03:24 AM
or is it just slow in here?
no it appears dead

michealm
September 17th, 2009, 11:31 PM
kinda sucks would love to be bale to talk to other Linux users here in my area, but seems like most around here use exclusively Winblows. I use it for gaming (COD4 and a few MMOs) but would love to use Linux full time but one of my major factors is bluetooth not working correctly, and I need my bluetooth headset.
:lolflag:
:popcorn:

sliketymo
September 24th, 2009, 07:25 AM
[quote=michealm;7966239]kinda sucks would love to be bale to talk to other Linux users here in my area, but seems like most around here use exclusively Winblows. I use it for gaming (COD4 and a few MMOs) but would love to use Linux full time but one of my major factors is bluetooth not working correctly, and I need my bluetooth headset.
:lolflag:

VastOne
September 24th, 2009, 04:53 PM
:guitar: I am a recent convert,livin levita linux in the flatlands o' the bootheel!Dual boot with vista ,mind you,but still adventurouse enough to try a few different distro's now and again.You are right however. Seems like most folks around these parts only know windows,'cause it came on their computer.And we all know that install can be such a bummer,LOL.NOT! After you do it a time or two,it becomes like a bad habit !

Living in those same boot heeled flatlands and a guitar player...:guitar: I am trying alll I can to convert any and everyone to Ubuntu and even have 3 teenage children leading the way.

sliketymo
September 25th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Living in those same boot heeled flatlands and a guitar player...:guitar: I am trying alll I can to convert any and everyone to Ubuntu and even have 3 teenage children leading the way.
deleted

VastOne
September 25th, 2009, 01:56 PM
I am not a young person,but I have a blast trying out new Disrro's.and figuring out the mistakes I've made to kill everything,LOL. I try to do a little "Evangelizing", but I find that all my family members that even use a computer don't even know how to set up a browser properly,let alone getting them to do an install,or dual-boot.I have an idea to supply them with a copy of "Puppy" and see how that goes.Might be worth a shot.I am currently trying out this new LXDE on Jaunty. Kinda cool so far.

I have several friends who use other distro's and they don't "get" Ubuntu and why it is so popular...They are hardened Linux users from years of use. I tell them that Ubuntu is simply Linux made easier with tremendous support.

I am looking at LXDE as it progresses and would appreciate your feedback. I may give it a shot this weekend.

It would be nice to see an Missouri Ubuntu Meeting in the future...I would think that we would have to regional-ize it

sliketymo
September 26th, 2009, 05:45 AM
I have several friends who use other distro's and they don't "get" Ubuntu and why it is so popular...They are hardened Linux users from years of use. I tell them that Ubuntu is simply Linux made easier with tremendous support.

I am looking at LXDE as it progresses and would appreciate your feedback. I may give it a shot this weekend.

It would be nice to see an Missouri Ubuntu Meeting in the future...I would think that we would have to regional-ize it

deleted

VastOne
September 29th, 2009, 10:25 PM
I would tend to think there would be a pretty large base around the Stl. area,and also all the college communities,Columbia,etc. That is an excellent point about the support.I also think it has to do with the seemingly endless customizations that are available! You can wear a "different outfit" every day if you want.On the LXDE front,it seems pretty snappy so far.I am not sure that it is any faster than say openbox,or icewm on there own.I am still not ready to completely give up the Gnome as yet.You can tweak Gnome quite a bit to speed things up ,if you so desire.I was really interested in trying Xubuntu,but from a lot of discussions I have run across,it appears that it is not necessarily any faster,or lighter than Gnome.:-k

Do you think we may be able to get enough people involved in the Cape Girardeau area?

sliketymo
September 30th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Do you think we may be able to get enough people involved in the Cape Girardeau area?
deleted