PDA

View Full Version : I got released from school early today because of there was smoke....

Lord Xeb
October 24th, 2008, 02:54 AM
coming out of the electrical room. Apparently a main circuit blew then one of the main transformers blew. I do not know if I will have school tomorrow. AEP is working on it. What do you guys think?

Giant Speck
October 24th, 2008, 05:33 AM
In December 2001, when I was in the eighth grade, someone broke into our middle school and set the auditorium on fire. The fire completely destroyed the interior of the auditorium and caused smoke damage to the entire building.

There weren't any buildings large enough to accommodate all 500 or so students, and the new middle school was still under construction at the time of the fire. So the school board split us up by grade level and sent each grade level to the educational buildings of three separate churches in town. We studied there for about a month before they had cleaned enough of the smoke damage to allow us back in the school.

The auditorium was completely unusable, and most of the school still smelled burnt.

They finally completed the new middle school the following autumn, and soon after, they demolished the old middle school building.

zmjjmz
October 24th, 2008, 09:30 PM
We've had at least 7 fire 'drills' this month, 5 of which were probably caused by some kid pulling the fire alarm when there's nothing there.

Last year there was an actual fire during 0 period (before 1st period. It was around 0755, as I was walking to school) but it was limited to one water fountain (electrical fire) and once it was put out we still had to go to school :(

init1
October 24th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Heh we didn't have school at all today due to the 1st 9 weeks ending :D

johnb820
October 25th, 2008, 12:56 AM
A year or two before I was a freshman at my high school, they had a septic tank blow. Then my freshman year we had two kids decide they were going to set off smoke bombs every day, multiple times per day, until the principal quit. Needless to say, their efforts were futile and they were expelled. However they did manage to last one week. Sending nearly 2000 students out in the rain was not cool though.

kk0sse54
October 25th, 2008, 01:40 AM
Last year some kid decided to call the police department and say that there was four guys with guns on our campus and that had shot at some people. We were in a closet for 4 hours before they finally traced the call after he tried to call back and say there were hostages in the gym. Ever been in a chem class when two swat guys run in with shotguns and submachines and start yelling at you :)? All because the kid was mad at his teacher...

Lord Xeb
October 25th, 2008, 02:04 AM
Why the heck would someone do something like that....