PDA

View Full Version : i'm a pc

DarinB
October 23rd, 2008, 05:29 PM
I'm a PC and i use Ubuntu!!!!

Slug71
October 23rd, 2008, 05:37 PM
I actually said that in a reply to an 'I'm A PC' email i got in my Hotmail box from Windows Live Team or something.:guitar:

wannadumpwindows
October 23rd, 2008, 05:42 PM
What I find funny about the whole thing, is that almost all of us use "PC's".

PC just stands for Personal Computer. A windows machine is a personal computer just as much as a mac or linux machine is. PC doesn't mean windows.

They need to put a little more thought into things before they try to launch an entire ad campaign based on something that just doesn't make sense.

bashveank
October 23rd, 2008, 05:46 PM
What I find funny about the whole thing, is that almost all of us use "PC's".

PC just stands for Personal Computer. A windows machine is a personal computer just as much as a mac or linux machine is. PC doesn't mean windows.

They need to put a little more thought into things before they try to launch an entire ad campaign based on something that just doesn't make sense.

Seeing as everyone understands what they mean, I'd say they've succeeded in branding Windows computers as PCs.

DarinB
October 23rd, 2008, 05:52 PM
yeah doesn't their branding strategy stink.
i love the idea of fixing old pc's and putting ubuntu on it giving it to underprivileged kids.
i have converted five people to Ubuntu in my short time with the OS.
Vista on the new machines that can't get out of their own way, has been a great help in that endeavor.
BTW they are ecstatic about it and so happy that they can't stop thanking me about it.
YEAH! I'M A PC AND I USE UBUNTU

stickboy2642
October 23rd, 2008, 06:04 PM

When was the last time that Microsoft did anything that made sense?

I'm a PC, but I'm not like BG!

wannadumpwindows
October 23rd, 2008, 06:07 PM

Maybe we need something for ourselves. OPC? Open PC? Or how about BGFPC. Bill Gates Free PC? LoL.

razerbug
October 24th, 2008, 02:49 PM
I'm a PC*,
I'm Linux,
I'm a marketing illusion designed to make you spend lots of money on and inferior computer because you think you're buying an iLifestyle...

If only adverts told the truth... hehe

*or a windows pc if you're being picky

random turnip
October 24th, 2008, 03:51 PM
What about "IBAPCBWWATPUOI"

"I Bought A Personal Computer But Without Windows And Then Put Ubuntu On It"

It's a bit long winded but I'm sure it'll catch on!

Sealbhach
October 24th, 2008, 07:24 PM

I though it was in response to Apple's ad campaign.

estyles
October 24th, 2008, 07:27 PM
I though it was in response to Apple's ad campaign.

That's the funniest thing, IMHO. Apple actually helped to reinforce the idea that a "PC" runs Windows. Yet another reason I don't like Macs.

pidayman
October 26th, 2008, 05:53 PM
I'm happy with anything not Windows. But something free is better :) .

It is a blatant attack on the mac ads (the guy in the white void? Come on, something original, PLEASE). I actually believe there are two faults in the I'm a PC ads they launched in the US.

1. About 90%, I'd estimate, of the clips of people saying that they're a PC are not American (it's obvious due to their accents). How does that convince me a bunch of LOCAL people use Windows? I imagine this 90% live in places that don't realize there's more than Windows, or something along those lines.

2. At the end of the TV add, it says, "Windows [logo here] Life Without Walls". OK, if life didn't have walls, where do I put my Windows?

Anyone care to rebuttal now? :mrgreen: