View Full Version : Can Pvr350 out playback HD?

October 23rd, 2008, 04:30 PM
Yesterday I crashed my myth server while either playing live TV that was a HD channel, or trying to playback a recording that was in HD. I thought I had been able to do this before. Maybe I changed something that is causing it to crash now?

I am using the PVR350 out, My playback profile is CPU-- .

October 24th, 2008, 12:09 AM
The PVR-350 is an NTSC (standard def) card.

October 24th, 2008, 01:14 AM
The PVR-350 is an NTSC (standard def) card.

I realize it can only tune NTSC, but I am referring to its abilty to playback recordings from my other QAM tuner, using the builtin MPEG decoder.
I'm certain I was able to watch HD recordings, or am I hallucinating? :confused:

November 5th, 2008, 01:19 AM
Ok, so I guess I was imagining being able to watch a recorded program in HD on my PVR350. I thought it was able to play it back.

So, the next question is this. If I have both recordings in SD and HD. I have 1 FE with a PVR350 for Video out playback, and the other using ffmpeg(dual core 1.9 ghz CPU) for playback. I want to record as many HD recordings as possible, to view on my HD capable FE. But I still want to watch the same shows on my other PVR350 FE. So, does this mean I have to record the show in both HD and SD ??? And watch the appropriate recording for the FE I am using at the time??? It seems kind of redundent to record all my shows twice, once in SD and once in HD. I dont want to watch an SD version of a show on my Big screen HD TV.

Any suggestions?