PDA

View Full Version : How many "girlfriends" have you had?

wolfen69
October 23rd, 2008, 05:20 AM
whether you choose to include the serious among the not_so_serious is not important. it's hard to keep this thread G-rated, but do your best. how many girls have you "gone out with?" (dated) me? 75 or so.

it's also everyone else's chance to "brag".

not that it matters, but i have a deep respect for people that admit they are not social butterflies. that's ok.

schauerlich
October 23rd, 2008, 05:26 AM
Just the one, so far. I'm still young.

wolfen69
October 23rd, 2008, 05:30 AM
Just the one, so far. I'm still young.

everyone goes at their own pace.

mrgnash
October 23rd, 2008, 05:33 AM
None; nor will I ever. I am in the unfortunate position of being a romantic idealist who could only ever be involved with someone who really took my breathe away... and also a very shy, feminine, materially poor, (obviously) inexperienced, eccentric, misandrist/heterophobic individual,

NoSmokingBandit
October 23rd, 2008, 05:34 AM
none; nor will i ever. I am in the unfortunate position of being a romantic idealist who could only ever be involved with someone who really took my breathe away... And also a very shy, feminine, materially poor, (obviously) inexperienced, eccentric, misandrist/heterophobic individual,

+1

wolfen69
October 23rd, 2008, 05:51 AM
nice to meet you mrgnash. you are welcome here.

handy
October 23rd, 2008, 05:52 AM
At the same time?

JT9161
October 23rd, 2008, 05:53 AM
Nada :-(

wolfen69
October 23rd, 2008, 05:55 AM
just because you are not a stud means nothing. (who knows, you may be) it's about letting go and just being yourself. have fun.

wolfen69
October 23rd, 2008, 05:56 AM
i'm sure the "enriched" will chime in.

TheSlipstream
October 23rd, 2008, 06:00 AM
whether you choose to include the serious among the not_so_serious is not important. it's hard to keep this thread G-rated, but do your best. how many girls have you "gone out with?" (dated) me? 75 or so.

it's also everyone else's chance to "brag".

not that it matters, but i have a deep respect for people that admit they are not social butterflies. that's ok.

75? That's not true. There's no way, unless you get a new girlfriend every month and a half or something (and if you do, that isn't a good thing.) Me? Two, but not really girlfriend so much as close friends who are girls.

DemonBob
October 23rd, 2008, 06:08 AM
Married Once, Divorced Once.

12 gf's throughout my life, have not dated since my ex left 3 years ago (cheated on me). Don't feel like getting hurt again.

wolfen69
October 23rd, 2008, 06:18 AM
75? That's not true. There's no way, unless you get a new girlfriend every month and a half or something (and if you do, that isn't a good thing.) Me? Two, but not really girlfriend so much as close friends who are girls.

hey brain surgeon, i was born in 63. yes,it's possible.

-grubby
October 23rd, 2008, 06:22 AM
0.. I think I'll blame it on me being only 15 though

wolfen69
October 23rd, 2008, 06:26 AM
0.. I think I'll blame it on me being only 15 though

does anyone over 18 come here?

-grubby
October 23rd, 2008, 06:30 AM

Whole forum or this thread?

Riffer
October 23rd, 2008, 06:31 AM

I do I do :lolflag:

I've had more then my fair share of lovers, as to numbers well that would be unseemly to discuss :p

YoungQuiz
October 23rd, 2008, 06:36 AM
lost count long ago

wolfen69
October 23rd, 2008, 06:36 AM
i'm not asking for numbers. just recognition. of yourself. have fun.

wolfen69
October 23rd, 2008, 06:37 AM
you go boy

wolfen69
October 23rd, 2008, 06:37 AM
lost count long ago

you go boy

wfp
October 23rd, 2008, 06:40 AM
Do the one's i paid for Count ;)

wolfen69
October 23rd, 2008, 07:03 AM
Do the one's i paid for Count ;)

yes they do.

handy
October 23rd, 2008, 07:29 AM
I'm an old 55er, caught the end of the 60's & had a wild time in the 70's.

Which may be the cause of my poor memory these days?

Tragically diseases exist now that would have stopped the 60's & the 70's from swinging.

mrgnash
October 23rd, 2008, 10:19 AM
I'm an old 55er, caught the end of the 60's & had a wild time in the 70's.

Which may be the cause of my poor memory these days?

Tragically diseases exist now that would have stopped the 60's & the 70's from swinging.

I don't really see it as a tragedy myself. There is a dark side to heterosexual intercourse (namely the inextricable presence of aggression of male against female, and domination/submission dynamic) that is rarely recognized or discussed, but would have existed even during the reign of 'flower power.'

taqkavar
October 23rd, 2008, 10:27 AM
I wonder what is this "girl" that you keep mentioning. :-k

Kernel Sanders
October 23rd, 2008, 10:40 AM
I have had 2 girlfriends, the one I loved dumped me in the most cruel and callous way AND for another guy a year and a half ago.

I still miss her and think about her a lot, so i'm not even remotely looking for someone else. I've suddenly become very picky too, so I don't think i'll be hooking up with anyone else any time soon!

Zack McCool
October 23rd, 2008, 10:50 AM
Back when I was 17-19, I "dated" a different girl every 1-2 weeks. It wasn't a sex thing, just went out with a lot of different girls. I found the right one when I was 20, and have been with her since, married at 23, for 12 1/2 years now.

Everyone has their own way, and their own pace. Just enjoy life, and it'll all work out...

FutanariKitty
October 23rd, 2008, 10:50 AM
Hmm...serious partners? Let's see, four girls, one guy (never make that mistake again...), and one 'girl' that transitioned to a guy six months into our relationship.

What can I say, I started late, and I was never a fan of the short-term dating idea...even my worst relationships lasted at least a few months.

Although, I should get bonus points for all the threesomes! I mean... :-&

FutanariKitty
October 23rd, 2008, 10:53 AM
I don't really see it as a tragedy myself. There is a dark side to heterosexual intercourse (namely the inextricable presence of aggression of male against female, and domination/submission dynamic) that is rarely recognized or discussed, but would have existed even during the reign of 'flower power.'

I can definitely sympathize there, though...you'd be surprised how relatively easy it is to find a woman who would reverse those 'stereotypical' roles in a heartbeat, or even throw them to the wind. Just about every girl I've dated, before and after starting transition, has been very much in charge one way or the other.

darrenn
October 23rd, 2008, 10:56 AM
No girlfriend?

"Open synaptic and install girlfriend (or just apt-get girlfriend like a true geek). Beware of the dependencies though."
grm_wnr

handy
October 23rd, 2008, 10:59 AM

I don't see HIV as a positive.

I also think that there is a lot more respect amongst people for the opposite sex than you seem to give credit for.

The 60's introduced much needed freedom on many fronts, female's expressing their sexuality & breaking down some cultural taboos is one example of these cultural changes.

FutanariKitty
October 23rd, 2008, 10:59 AM
No girlfriend?

Open synaptic and install girlfriend (or just apt-get girlfriend like a true geek). Beware of the dependencies though.

grm_wnr

Tsk, tsk, real geeks use aptitude! C'mon, tab completion, and auto-removal of her dependencies afterward!

...I really think I'm doing a disservice to women everywhere whenever I open my mouth XD

worx101
October 23rd, 2008, 11:04 AM
actual dating?

Only 3, one crazy, one backstabber, and one wonderful woman whom I am married to now :)

Personally tho, I only believe in dating those people who you think you could marry and breaking it the sec you know you cannot live with that person. Dating is just looking for that person who you want to marry.

My 2 cents at least.

darrenn
October 23rd, 2008, 11:09 AM
Im having a hell of a time troubleshooting this problem. I seem to keep getting this error.

"Dependency not found: money"
Centurix

mrgnash
October 23rd, 2008, 11:13 AM
I don't see HIV as a positive.

I also think that there is a lot more respect amongst people of the opposite sex than you seem to give credit for.

The 60's introduced much needed freedom on many fronts, female's expressing their sexuality & breaking down some cultural taboos is one example of these cultural changes.

Do you mean respect 'for' the opposite sex? I'm not being pedantic, I just want to clarify.

I can definitely sympathize there, though...you'd be surprised how relatively easy it is to find a woman who would reverse those 'stereotypical' roles in a heartbeat, or even throw them to the wind. Just about every girl I've dated, before and after starting transition, has been very much in charge one way or the other.

I just wonder at the extent to which, at a fundamental, the dynamic I spoke of can be reversed at a fundamental level. A number of radical feminists, and myself included, would tend to argue that coitus between a man and a woman is intrinsically 'unequal' (so to speak), and that some component of aggression is ineradicable. Of course, this doesn't preclude a recognition that there are degrees, and that some relationships encompass equality, or even role-reversal to a greater extent than do others.

darrenn
October 23rd, 2008, 11:14 AM
Tsk, tsk, real geeks use aptitude! C'mon, tab completion, and auto-removal of her dependencies afterward!

...I really think I'm doing a disservice to women everywhere whenever I open my mouth XD

Sorry that was a quote.

But I did have a girlfriend but I brokeup with her when when I discovered all her ports were closed by default.

Sorry stole that one.

handy
October 23rd, 2008, 11:15 AM
Do you mean respect 'for' the opposite sex? I'm not being pedantic, I just want to clarify.

Sorry, yes I did mean for, I'll edit my post. Thanks :-)

Lorelei-
October 23rd, 2008, 11:17 AM
ermm...point of this thread? other than (mostly) male ego bragging?

darrenn
October 23rd, 2008, 11:21 AM

Im having a good time firing off all these girlfriend jokes.

FutanariKitty
October 23rd, 2008, 11:21 AM

Absolutely no feasible reason whatsoever. It's kind of like the Jerry Springer of forum threads.

darrenn
October 23rd, 2008, 11:23 AM
"Real geeks compile their girlfriends from source."
hedleyroos

darrenn
October 23rd, 2008, 11:25 AM
"That's sudo apt-get girlfriend. It typically requires full access and control of your system."
David Gerard

mrgnash
October 23rd, 2008, 11:30 AM
Sorry, yes I did mean for, I'll edit my post. Thanks :-)

Ok, no probs. In that case, you could be right, but I remain unconvinced; and for that reason, why I don't think that HIV itself is a good thing by any stretch, I would not mourn the collapse of the euphemistically titled 'free love' movement, or any such similar movement, whatever the source of that collapse.

But you're right, quite apart from that, the 60/70s bore witness to huge strides forward for women in many areas. Many of which have since seen a reversal, unfortunately.

darrenn
October 23rd, 2008, 11:54 AM
This is another joke post.

"Upgrading to Wife 1.0

Last a friend of mine upgraded from Girlfriend 4.0 to Wife 1.0 and found
that it's memory hog leaving few system resources for other applications.
He is now noticing the Wife 1.0 is also spawning Child-processes, which is
further consuming valuable resources. No mention of this particular
phenomenon was included in the product documentation, though other users
have informed me that this is to be expected due to the nature of the
application.

Not only that, Wife 1.0 installs itself so that it is always launched at
system initialization where it can monitor all other system activity. Some
applications such as PokerNight 10.3, BachelorParty 2.5 and PubNight 7.0
are no longer able to run on the system at all, causing the system to
lockup when launched (even though the apps worked fine before).

Wife 1.0 provides no installation options. Thus, the installation of
undesired plug-ins such as Mother-in-law 55.8 and the Brother-in-law Beta
is unavoidable. Also system performance seems to diminish each passing day.

Some features my friend would like to see in the upcoming Wife 2.0:

A "don't remind me again button"
A Minimize button
The ability to delete the "headache" file
An install feature that provides an option to uninstall 2.0 version
without loss of other system resources
An option to run the network driver in "promiscuous mode" allowing the
systems hardware probe to be much more useful/effective.

I myself wish I had decided to avoid all of the headaches associated with
Wife 1.0 by sticking with Girlfriend 3.0. Even here, however, I have found
many problems. Apparently you cannot install Girlfriend 4.0. You must
uninstall Girlfriend 3.0 first, otherwise the two versions of Girlfriend
will have conflicts over shared use of the I/O port.

Other users have told me that this is a long-standing problem that I
should have been aware of. Guess that explains what happened to versions 1
& 2.

To make matters worse, the uninstall program for Girlfriend 3.0 doesn't
work very well, leaving undesirable traces of the application in the
system. Another identified problem is that all versions of Girlfriend have
annoying little messages about the advantages of upgrading to Wife 1.0.

VIRUS ALERT

All users should be aware that Wife 1.0 has an undocumented bug. If you
try to install Mistress 1.1 before uninstalling Wife 1.0, Wife 1.0 will
delete MS Money files before doing the uninstall itself. Once that
happens, Mistress 1.1. won't install and you will get an "insufficient
resources" error message. To avoid the aforementioned bug, try installing
Mistress 1.1 on a different system and 'never'
run any file transfer applications (such as Laplink) between the two
systems."
Jucius Maximus

Lorelei-
October 23rd, 2008, 11:58 AM
Anybody know a command to install decent honest boyfriend v1.0 that comes without the annoying commitment phobic bug?

alwez_loner_TZ
October 23rd, 2008, 12:11 PM
Does it have to be specifically Girlfriends? And not boy friends?

FutanariKitty
October 23rd, 2008, 12:18 PM
Anybody know a command to install decent honest boyfriend v1.0 that comes without the annoying commitment phobic bug?

Sorry, I think your only option might be to upgrade to Lesbianism 3.2.

*duck*

Daisuke_Aramaki
October 23rd, 2008, 12:20 PM
One! and i will mostly end up spending the rest of my life with her. :)

damis648
October 23rd, 2008, 12:27 PM
just.... None. But keeping my eyes open ;-)

frup
October 23rd, 2008, 12:32 PM
We have been together for 5 years this 3 Nov, why change a good thing?

jprophet420
October 23rd, 2008, 12:33 PM
Kubuntu is my girlfriend.

My wife doesn't mind.

only had 5 girlfriends, not including Kubuntu.

overdrank

;)

bigken
I hang my head in shame LOADS

48 years of age never being married but have lived in sin for the last 13 years before that I was a male **** :lolflag:

beercz
October 23rd, 2008, 12:34 PM
3, married the last one 21 years ago, after 4 years of being together, and still very happily married.

ELD
October 23rd, 2008, 12:36 PM
I'm only 20 but across the years i've had too many, i have a habit of letting them walk over me heh.

I'm with someone at the moment who is pretty amazing, so i'm hoping this one works out for real :) (shes hot and nerdy...wooo).

bigken
October 23rd, 2008, 12:38 PM
I hang my head in shame LOADS

48 years of age never being married but have lived in sin for the last 13 years before that I was a male **** :lolflag:

I probably still am a **** just not allowed to play anymore cos her indoors would kill me

sethvath
October 23rd, 2008, 12:44 PM
There is no such thing as a male ****, men can get away with multi-timing women but not the other way around.

I was honest to my wife by telling her i slept with at least 30% of my models and she told me she only had 3 boyfriends before marrying me. I believed her for a period of time till I found out about her bedposted profile.

Exershio
October 23rd, 2008, 02:07 PM
I've only had one girlfriend, and I've been with her for 2 years this december.

I'm 17, btw.

mrgnash
October 23rd, 2008, 02:11 PM
There is no such thing as a male ****, men can get away with multi-timing women but not the other way around.

Oh yes there is. There's no reason why men should be the beneficiaries of a double standard, sorry.

[Recommended] ;)

Flynn555
October 23rd, 2008, 02:12 PM
throughout high school i stuck with one...we went our separate ways at college. i was with her for about 3 years.

i've been with my current girlfriend for about 2 1/2 yrs now i think...and i dont see us breaking up anytime soon.

i guess im into the whole long term thing. /shrug

Nano Geek
October 23rd, 2008, 02:13 PM
No "girlfriends", but many friends that are girls.

Dragonbite
October 23rd, 2008, 02:20 PM
First one was my Senior year in High School.

When that relationship went sour I was determined to make sure the next relationship was more 50/50 and that I would not get walked all over again.

My next girlfriend was going through something very similar and had the same feelings towards not getting into a non-equal relationship again. I met her about a year later while home on vacation from college.

Seven years later we married.

Four years later we became parents.

Twelve years after getting married we're still going strong.

FutanariKitty
October 23rd, 2008, 02:20 PM
Oh yes there is. There's no reason why men should be the beneficiaries of a double standard, sorry.

Well stated. Women the world over whole-heartedly agree.

SuperSonic4
October 23rd, 2008, 02:21 PM
3 girlfriends

more female friends

FutanariKitty
October 23rd, 2008, 02:22 PM
First one was my Senior year in High School.

When that relationship went sour I was determined to make sure the next relationship was more 50/50 and that I would not get walked all over again.

My next girlfriend was going through something very similar and had the same feelings towards not getting into a non-equal relationship again. I met her about a year later while home on vacation from college.

Seven years later we married.

Four years later we became parents.

Twelve years after getting married we're still going strong.

Now see, THAT is a wonderful thing to hear. And who says monogamy doesn't actually work sometimes?

FutanariKitty
October 23rd, 2008, 02:27 PM
I just wonder at the extent to which, at a fundamental, the dynamic I spoke of can be reversed at a fundamental level. A number of radical feminists, and myself included, would tend to argue that coitus between a man and a woman is intrinsically 'unequal' (so to speak), and that some component of aggression is ineradicable. Of course, this doesn't preclude a recognition that there are degrees, and that some relationships encompass equality, or even role-reversal to a greater extent than do others.

Well...I won't go into any sort of specifics, but let's just say there are ways. Not to mention there are many ways to experience intimacy, including the physical, that don't flat out include 'standard' intercourse. When you start considering alternative sexualities and those that bend / break gender roles in all sorts of ways, it's completely plausible.

[Sorry for the out of order replies, I was eating bacon :P]

Nano Geek
October 23rd, 2008, 02:32 PM
3, married the last one 21 years ago, after 4 years of being together, and still very happily married.Wait a second, you married her 21 years ago, but you have only been married 4 years? I'm confuzled. :confused:

ELD
October 23rd, 2008, 02:33 PM
Wait a second, you married her 21 years ago, but you have only been married 4 years? I'm confuzled. :confused:

I think you need to re-read your own quote ;)

Nano Geek
October 23rd, 2008, 02:40 PM
I think you need to re-read your own quote ;)Ahh! It is so clear now.

Flynn555
October 23rd, 2008, 02:42 PM
oh yeah ive had like a bijillion-kajillion*infinity girlfriends.
you know im pretty much a he'*****.

mrgnash
October 23rd, 2008, 02:48 PM
Well...I won't go into any sort of specifics, but let's just say there are ways. Not to mention there are many ways to experience intimacy, including the physical, that don't flat out include 'standard' intercourse. When you start considering alternative sexualities and those that bend / break gender roles in all sorts of ways, it's completely plausible.

[Sorry for the out of order replies, I was eating bacon :P]

That's why I was careful to specifically use the word 'coitus.' But I take your meaning, and you are of course right.

Bölvağur
October 23rd, 2008, 03:04 PM

the8thstar
October 23rd, 2008, 03:05 PM
I've only dated my computer. I'm a nerd!

Seriously, I haven't had that 'many', but I'm happily married with two children. I got 'The Girl' so who cares? :wink:

Erdaron
October 23rd, 2008, 03:09 PM
Including my current adorable girlfriend, I've had seven relationships and a couple of one-time things. I've been dating my main squeeze for a little over a year and a half, and it's pretty darn sweet :).

And for the idealists - I'm in that boat, too. It just takes time and patience.

Dragonbite
October 23rd, 2008, 03:12 PM
I've only dated my computer. I'm a nerd!

Hope you protect your floppy! Nobody wants their hard disk to crash!

:lolflag:

FutanariKitty
October 23rd, 2008, 03:14 PM
That's why I was careful to specifically use the word 'coitus.' But I take your meaning, and you are of course right.

Hmm, I guess the most important point I should make is the physical acts (to me) mean very little. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy them, but the true motivation is the emotional impact and expression of vulnerability that can go along with it.

sethvath
October 23rd, 2008, 03:17 PM

Men overquote how many women he has slept with whereas women underquote how many men she has slept with so she can get him to marry her someday. Usually after 30s.

Confusing much? Life's never fair.

Dr Small
October 23rd, 2008, 03:29 PM
I've never had a girlfriend, and I will never date a girl. Perhaps court a girl, but never date. I have liked several girls in the past, but rarely did any of them like me, so nothing ever became of it.

Lorelei-
October 23rd, 2008, 03:31 PM

*duck*

isn't there a partition option where I can be half lesbian and half straight ;)

Lorelei-
October 23rd, 2008, 03:38 PM
On another thought relating to this, when do you guys switch from simply dating someone to being in a realtionship with them? I'm currently dating someone (we were in a relationship, broke up for a bit and have started seeing each other again) but even though we're both only seeing each other (afaik) we've still not defined it as a relationship yet.

1cewolf
October 23rd, 2008, 03:39 PM
Just one, very briefly. After finding out we really didn't "click" as well as I initially thought, I decided to break up with her...at which point, she demonstrated how crazy she was by stalking me, stealing my stuff, spreading nasty rumors, and, according to her then-roommate, stabbing pictures of me with a hunting knife.

Oddly enough, dating hasn't been a priority for me ever since.

Lorelei-
October 23rd, 2008, 03:43 PM
Just one, very briefly. After finding out we really didn't "click" as well as I initially thought, I decided to break up with her...at which point, she demonstrated how crazy she was by stalking me, stealing my stuff, spreading nasty rumors, and, according to her then-roommate, stabbing pictures of me with a hunting knife.

o_0

I think this is proof of why potential dates/partners need to come with a virus scanning button so that you can check for this sort of thing in advance!

gn2
October 23rd, 2008, 03:46 PM
how many girls have you "gone out with?" (dated) me? 75 or so.

Do you have a reserved parking space at the STD clinic?

sethvath
October 23rd, 2008, 03:47 PM
o_0

I think this is proof of why potential dates/partners need to come with a virus scanning button so that you can check for this sort of thing in advance!

There is such a service, its called facebook friends profile.

ARhere
October 23rd, 2008, 03:49 PM
Can my wife count as 20?

Changes her mind so many damn times she might as well be... >grumble<

-AR

FutanariKitty
October 23rd, 2008, 03:50 PM

isn't there a partition option where I can be half lesbian and half straight ;)

Sorry, BiOS was killed off by phallocratic business practices. Don't blame me!

Hmm. She sounds right up my alley.
What can I say, I like them crazy...

FuturePilot
October 23rd, 2008, 03:54 PM
Me, 1, but it was more like just a date and it wasn't too serious. Never really turned into anything. :(

At the same time?

bonzodog
October 23rd, 2008, 03:56 PM
8 serious relationships so far in my life. Had 3 children with 2 of them, married another one of them, split from her, and am currently back with mother of my youngest child.

gjoellee
October 23rd, 2008, 04:03 PM
I am young and I have been with 1 girl, however I do get a lot of text messenges on my cell phone from someone I can't find out who is... :(

bapoumba
October 23rd, 2008, 04:04 PM
*Yawns*

Dragonbite
October 23rd, 2008, 04:17 PM
On another thought relating to this, when do you guys switch from simply dating someone to being in a realtionship with them? I'm currently dating someone (we were in a relationship, broke up for a bit and have started seeing each other again) but even though we're both only seeing each other (afaik) we've still not defined it as a relationship yet.

I guess it is how you define "relationship" vs "dating". Everybody might have a slightly different take on those two.

A couple days before I was to return to college my (then) girlfriend asked "Are we going out yet?"

will1911a1
October 23rd, 2008, 04:19 PM
I don't remember. I married the last one though. :)

Lorelei-
October 23rd, 2008, 04:22 PM
I guess it is how you define "relationship" vs "dating". Everybody might have a slightly different take on those two.

A couple days before I was to return to college my (then) girlfriend asked "Are we going out yet?"

:lolflag: this is true.

FutanariKitty
October 23rd, 2008, 04:22 PM

Hrm, I think the simplest way to break that down is, well...when it comes up. If you think it's an actual relationship, or wish it to be, just talk to him.

I dunno...I've never been very good at this sort of thing. Aside from my current partner, all the girls I've dated I've usually known for at least 2 months or so, met online, and lived enough of a distance away that we didn't so much 'date' as I'd visit and stay there for a week or two. You can guess this tends to lead to VERY intense circumstances and a lot of confusion. Put on top of the fact that I tend to fall for people quickly and completely, and it's a bit of a mess :P

S0VERE1GN
October 23rd, 2008, 04:36 PM
20+

im only 20 years old too:-p

Lorelei-
October 23rd, 2008, 04:39 PM
Hrm, I think the simplest way to break that down is, well...when it comes up. If you think it's an actual relationship, or wish it to be, just talk to him.

I dunno...I've never been very good at this sort of thing. Aside from my current partner, all the girls I've dated I've usually known for at least 2 months or so, met online, and lived enough of a distance away that we didn't so much 'date' as I'd visit and stay there for a week or two. You can guess this tends to lead to VERY intense circumstances and a lot of confusion. Put on top of the fact that I tend to fall for people quickly and completely, and it's a bit of a mess :P

Sounds......messy!

Its probably also a cultural thing wrt to what is just dating and what is a relationship. Most of my American friends seem to have a different view of the dating thing to most of my UK friends (i.e. they don't expect it to be that they're only seeing one person at a time).

FutanariKitty
October 23rd, 2008, 04:51 PM
Sounds......messy!

Its probably also a cultural thing wrt to what is just dating and what is a relationship. Most of my American friends seem to have a different view of the dating thing to most of my UK friends (i.e. they don't expect it to be that they're only seeing one person at a time).

Well, that DOES depend on who you talk to. I NEVER date two people at once, for the simple fact that if I bother dating someone, it's usually because I have some interest in them, and I'm usually quite decisive when it comes to whether there's any continued interest. And if there's any real interest, then I have no motivation to 'mix things up' even more.

Not to mention, despite some of my stranger predilections, I'm a die-hard, hopeless romantic :P It has led to a number of problems in the past.

the8thstar
October 23rd, 2008, 05:01 PM
Hope you protect your floppy! Nobody wants their hard disk to crash!

Urgh. Sounds like a possible trip to the ER for entrapped private parts...

myusername
October 23rd, 2008, 05:05 PM
3 serious relationships

the8thstar
October 23rd, 2008, 05:05 PM
"Hoe for show"...

Lorelei-
October 23rd, 2008, 05:10 PM
Not to mention, despite some of my stranger predilections, I'm a die-hard, hopeless romantic :P It has led to a number of problems in the past.

Ditto on the die-hard romantic thing :P

On the other bit too actually....I also tend to only date people I have an interest in and if I choose to take it beyond 1-2 dates its because I have a continuing interest in them. Plus I lack the time to date/flirt with more than one person at once as well as work and everything!

Dragonbite
October 23rd, 2008, 05:38 PM
Urgh. Sounds like a possible trip to the ER for entrapped private parts...

Just watch out for those advertised firmware upgrades!

Eisenwinter
October 23rd, 2008, 05:47 PM
I'm 19 and have never had a girlfriend, and have never been on a date.

wolfen69
October 23rd, 2008, 06:00 PM
i hang my head in shame loads

48 years of age never being married but have lived in sin for the last 13 years before that i was a male **** :lolflag:

at least you're honest.

Nostrafus
October 23rd, 2008, 06:06 PM
Hmmm... 7 that lasted long enough to earn the title "Girlfriend".

wolfen69
October 23rd, 2008, 06:06 PM

you sound like a few girls i've known. but i bet you're alot of fun to hang out with.

FutanariKitty
October 23rd, 2008, 06:10 PM
you sound like a few girls i've known. but i bet you're alot of fun to hang out with.

Oh, I'm a total blast. It's one of the few things I'm good at :P Get a few margaritas in me and I'm the life of the party!

Dixon Bainbridge
October 23rd, 2008, 06:22 PM
Who the hell keeps tallies on this? Relationships come and go, its not like playing space invaders and going for the high score.

Quality, not quantity. Applies to all things in life :)

Tux.Ice
October 23rd, 2008, 06:37 PM
Double post

Tux.Ice
October 23rd, 2008, 06:37 PM
nathangrubb, EDavid, you know how old i am, and ive had around 20. So I WIN!

karellen
October 23rd, 2008, 06:40 PM
2 serious relationships (2 years), 4 of the "others" :)

Heinzelotto
October 23rd, 2008, 06:58 PM
http://www.iamboredr.com/files/88d43c91a3bf.jpg

Koori23
October 23rd, 2008, 07:01 PM
Girlfriend's 1-3 were in high school. Just didn't work out I guess..

Girlfriend 4 was a sweet gal, she ended up going to Columbia University in NY.

Girfriend 5 came over one night on LSD. To say she was "primed and ready for action" was an understatement. That part was fun, babysitting for 6 hours so she wouldn't overheat wasn't. She took a left hand turn in life somewhere.. Must've been a college "I hate my daddy" thing.

Girlfriend 6 bashed in my tail lights because she mistook my cousin as a girl I was dating.. So she figured I was cheating on her.. We cleared up the mishap.. But I saw the nutty side..

Girfriend 7. Hmm.. She's excellent, very easy going.. Oh yeah, and she's purdy..

So there ya go.. I'm currently on no. 7

semitone36
October 23rd, 2008, 07:01 PM
2. The first was a mistake. We lasted about a month. Then I went after the girl I actually wanted all along.

Ive been dating that girl for over 2 years now. She's been pretty much my "first" everything. Give me a few more years until I can afford a ring and Ill add wife to that list as well :tongue:

Northsider
October 23rd, 2008, 07:02 PM
4 for me...pretty much all in high school except the last one in which I am currently engaged to.

mariuskl
October 23rd, 2008, 07:04 PM
Well... 3 girlfriends for me, until now. Now i'm still looking for new one.

Nameless Neko
October 23rd, 2008, 07:13 PM
http://www.iamboredr.com/files/88d43c91a3bf.jpgMy laptop has a tendency to freak out occasionally when I come out of standby on Ubuntu, forcing me to restart (or at least log out and back in)
Anyway, 2 - first real relationship I had, she confessed after about a month that she wasn't really interested in guys. :( Second, and current relationship, I met her over the internet, have been with her for 3 years now, and live with her.
So yeah. :popcorn:

toasty_ghosty
October 23rd, 2008, 07:22 PM
I find myself treating my "girlfriends" like the way I handle my Linux distros. I try one for a little bit, get bored, switch to another, get bored, switch to another...the process goes in circles.

the8thstar
October 23rd, 2008, 08:28 PM

Man, why don't you use Windows?

the8thstar
October 23rd, 2008, 08:30 PM
I find myself treating my "girlfriends" like the way I handle my Linux distros. I try one for a little bit, get bored, switch to another, get bored, switch to another...the process goes in circles.

That sounds more like an Error 17 in Grub. Check the MBR. :-)

karellen
October 23rd, 2008, 08:31 PM

does 25 counts? :D

Ripfox
October 23rd, 2008, 08:36 PM
hey brain surgeon, i was born in 63. yes,it's possible.

lmao...

Nice one.

I have had at least 75 but it's hard to remember that far back. Now I am engaged as of 6 months ago or so and that part is all over now :lolflag:

jpittack
October 23rd, 2008, 08:53 PM
Two, and I hope that it stays that way. I'm twenty.

Paqman
October 23rd, 2008, 09:10 PM
What's up with the quotes around girlfriends in the title? We introducing some kind of looser definition for the purposes of the thread?

tigrezno
October 23rd, 2008, 09:15 PM
a poll would be nice.

i've had 0.5

aschwerin.moses
October 23rd, 2008, 09:16 PM
Hmmm.. serious relationships 2

First one dumped me and back then was madly in love. She dumped me for another guy and now she's fat :D (sorry)

Second was, well we both dumped each other. She was a waste of time and was a sinful relationship. She said something and did nothing. It was just a waste.

what is learnt is "Never trust a girl" :p

aeiah
October 23rd, 2008, 10:04 PM
ok i admit it, i only read the first few pages of this thread. but tell me wolfen, some time later in this thread, is there a part where you go "ok ok i was only joking early on in this thread, im not really this pretentious and patronising, it was all a joke!"?

have fun.

bobbocanfly
October 23rd, 2008, 10:34 PM
Aged 15 and had 3 girlfriends.

Ripfox
October 23rd, 2008, 10:45 PM
ok i admit it, i only read the first few pages of this thread. but tell me wolfen, some time later in this thread, is there a part where you go "ok ok i was only joking early on in this thread, im not really this pretentious and patronising, it was all a joke!"?

have fun.

Who is patronizing anyone?

Corfy
October 23rd, 2008, 11:03 PM
I have dated two people. I married the second. We have our 11th anniversary coming up Saturday.

Lord Xeb
October 23rd, 2008, 11:09 PM
I have 3. There first was.... well lets not say. i do not get along with her anymore. The second, she was nice, but dumped me 2 weeks later....

tigrezno
October 24th, 2008, 12:39 AM
She dumped me for another guy and now she's fat :D (sorry)

what is learnt is "Never trust a girl" :p

lol! i'm with you dude

spupy
October 24th, 2008, 12:41 AM

Well damn, I had to restart at least 5 times this week, but noooo...

EnGorDiaz
October 24th, 2008, 12:45 AM
ive had 12 to 16 and im 17

-grubby
October 24th, 2008, 12:45 AM
nathangrubb, EDavid, you know how old i am, and ive had around 20. So I WIN!

Quality, not quantity. Applies to all things in life :)

^^

steveneddy
October 24th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Back in the day there were more than I could ever remember.

Maybe that's why I'm a grandfather at such an early age.

:)

kinematic
October 24th, 2008, 01:10 AM
None; nor will I ever. I am in the unfortunate position of being a romantic idealist who could only ever be involved with someone who really took my breathe away

With an atitude like that it doesn't suprise me you've never had a girlfriend. If your looking for the perfect woman or you're hoping the perfect woman will come along it's best to give up any hope you might have right now because the perfect woman doesn't exsist. Until you realize that you can never fall in love with a woman.

As fo myself, I've had 4 girlfriends and have been with my current girlfriend for 8 years and we're still going strong and have been madly in love for 8 years now and many more to come :)

(she totally rocks. She's intelligent, funny, kinda weird and a bit nuts in a good way wich she expresses the most during playtime, knows her way around computers -she's a sysadmin- and she's an uberbabe)

Dvorakis
October 24th, 2008, 01:19 AM
2. the first for a few days.
The second will be a year in exactly 1 week.

Dragonbite
October 24th, 2008, 01:30 AM
Men marry women and hope they never change.. and they do.
Women marry men and hopes they'll change,.. and they don't.

mips
October 24th, 2008, 01:40 AM
This sounds like a ******* contest...

wolfen69
October 24th, 2008, 02:11 AM

have fun.

a joke? i don't understand your point.

d_skillz
October 24th, 2008, 04:23 AM
This sounds like a ******* contest...

I don't know where this is going...

Lord Xeb
October 24th, 2008, 04:35 AM
******* contests with a girlfriend are not cool.... They always seem to win. How do they do it?

djsroknrol
October 24th, 2008, 04:49 AM
19 g/f's in my lifetime....3 of them turned in Mrs djsroknrol. Two of the three didn't work out and the saying goes,"Third time's a charm". ;)

zmjjmz
October 24th, 2008, 04:50 AM
******* contests with a girlfriend are not cool.... They always seem to win. How do they do it?

I don't want to think about that.
Maybe if you're drunk it would be fun/cool/whatever you kids call it these days.

DemonBob
October 24th, 2008, 05:05 AM

Because they can deny us guys then one thing we need :p

wersdaluv
October 24th, 2008, 05:07 AM
One serious. hehe

fishexe
October 24th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Do computers count? How about just linux boxes? =P Or at least linux boxes with female names in /etc/hostname.

benny bronx
October 24th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Why is "girlfriends" in quotes? Did I stumble upon a cross-dressing thread?

darrenn
October 24th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Girlfriends!

Turn in your geek cards immediately.

t0p
October 24th, 2008, 11:58 AM
I've had 3 serious relationships. The last was for over 10 years!

If you want to count casual relationships, one night stands, and the like: God knows. Over 20. But then, I'm an old man, I've had plenty of time to fit in all this sleazy behaviour! :)

Martje_001
October 24th, 2008, 04:36 PM

LaRoza
October 24th, 2008, 05:00 PM
This thread raised a lot of flags. A few rather large ones were thrown up...

Closed.