PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Log-out button

McCat
October 23rd, 2008, 01:39 AM
Hey everyone,

First ubuntuforums post, whoohoo. Anyway...

Recently installed Hardy on my desktop AND laptop. Very pleased and happy I made the switch. So far any problem I've encountered has been answered on these forums! :-)

I just have a semi-stupid question about Intrepid (upgraded because I have an obsession with the "latest and greatest"). Once the upgrade was made, I was prompted to do something with the log-out button that would merge it with my Pidgin statuses-- all into one button. I did so on my desktop but when I made the upgrade with my laptop I accidentally hit the "do not upgrade" button or whatever when prompted. It kind of stinks because it's all nice and compact on my desktop but on my laptop whenever I sign in Pidgin, I have the log-out button in the top-right (which is actually kind of pointless because I have no use for the "guest" feature) and my Pidgin/Restart/Shut Down button on the panel.

Long and short of it is: can anyone tell me how to undo what I did and get those two buttons merged again? If so, I would appreciate it a lot.

Thanks!

prematurebaby
October 23rd, 2008, 02:07 AM
I'm not sure what u mean is it just the pidgin logout button or is it the main logout button. Help me understand this then maybe I can help you more. All the help I can give you is below.
Have you tried going to add and remove programs and uninstalling pidgin then re-installing it. Thats probably an effective way to accomplish your task. Then it would probably ask you again. Have you done Update Manager?

McCat
October 23rd, 2008, 03:10 AM
Yeah I just tried that-- I had to use synaptic because add/remove wouldn't let me. Uninstalled and then reinstalled but everything's still the same. Unless I have to restart first...