PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] downgrading from 8.04 to 8.10

faisal892
October 22nd, 2008, 06:14 PM
Hi all,

I upgraded from Ubuntu 8.04 to 8.10 but the problem is that though I am connected to router through wireless but I can not browse internet. I requested for the solution twice but no solution. I think Ubuntu professionals have no solution to this problem due to which I want to downgrade to 8.04 but I do not know how. Please if any could help.

Also, if any body could suggest any other good distribution in which there are no problems like these.

Regards

Faisal

cariboo
October 22nd, 2008, 06:54 PM
If you have questions concerning Intrepid, go here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=346

The only way to downgrade is to do a complete re-install using the LiveCD.

Jim

overdrank
October 22nd, 2008, 06:54 PM
Hi all,

I upgraded from Ubuntu 8.04 to 8.10 but the problem is that though I am connected to router through wireless but I can not browse internet. I requested for the solution twice but no solution. I think Ubuntu professionals have no solution to this problem due to which I want to downgrade to 8.04 but I do not know how. Please if any could help.

Also, if any body could suggest any other good distribution in which there are no problems like these.

Regards

Faisal
Hi and there is no downgrading to 8.04. You can do a clean install of 8.04 and if you have a separate home to save your data.
Edit to slow :)