PDA

View Full Version : age

rbee
October 22nd, 2008, 03:58 PM
I, as many, am a retired senior, as we grew we learned, we taught, we changed. Some say change is good but as seniors we like to sit back,relax,enjoy life while we can. I came to UBUNTU to learn,to seek knowledge,enjoy my fruits of labor so I say to all learn then teach you will gain many friends an happiness.

perlluver
October 22nd, 2008, 04:00 PM
Well, thanks for this post.

eternalnewbee
October 22nd, 2008, 04:19 PM
I'd like to add my voice. I'm proud to say that I've turned my mother into an Ubuntu user, no dual boot crap ( no offence to newcomers, whom I actually encourage to dual boot ). Besides the minor bumps along the way, she is happy with Ubuntu, too.
I could go on, but I've gotta go now.
Good luck everybody.
(btw my mother is 60 years young)

bodhi.zazen
October 22nd, 2008, 04:25 PM
One only becomes old when the decide to stop learning, Ubuntu or otherwise.

Duck2006
October 22nd, 2008, 04:27 PM
One only becomes old when the decide to stop learning, Ubuntu or otherwise.

+1 on this one.

eternalnewbee
October 22nd, 2008, 04:33 PM
You are only as old as you feel. ( Ltd )

Georgia boy
October 22nd, 2008, 04:39 PM
Hi. Glad to read this post. I was beginging to think that I was the only oldster trying to learn. I agree that you should always be willing to take something on and learn or you just sit there and gather dust. Body might be getting older but mind will always be young.

Tom

Kellemora
October 22nd, 2008, 06:34 PM
I'll be 61 and picked up Ubuntu quick enough that I converted my whole office over to it within 1 month of my first experience in Ubuntu!

The hardest part for me was finding out the NAMES of programs that do similar things as programs for the Doze.
Once you find out the NAMES, and try them, often, even the worst works better than the Best Doze version!

For me, the learning curve, like between msWord and OOwriter, OOwriter was laid out much more LOGICALLY. If you've learned things backwards first as in msWord, looking under FILE to do a page Formatting job, that was HARD, we just don't remember it anymore, they've had it backwards so long. In OOwriter, if it deals with a FILE it's under FILE, if it deals with Formatting a Page, it's under FORMAT where it BELONGS.......
So if you THINK LOGICALLY about where something SHOULD BE, in Ubuntu, it's right where it should be, in Mickey$oft, it could be ANYWHERE, hi hi.........

TTUL
Gary

overdrank
October 22nd, 2008, 06:35 PM
Welcome and relax Moved :)

billgoldberg
October 22nd, 2008, 06:49 PM
@ johntravis:

Please stop abusing the thanks feature.

--

@ OP, welcome.

smoker
October 22nd, 2008, 10:20 PM
And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
A Lincoln

:-)