PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

spiderbatdad
November 27th, 2005, 01:51 AM
This is a great forum. I'm so happy to have found it, to help me with the thousands of questions I have regarding Ubuntu and Linux. I know nothing about software development or programming languages, but I love the interactive nature of these open source operating systems. The oportunities for learning are incredibly numerous, thanks to people like yourselves and the great folks who put this software together. Where's my old college buddy, Jake Edge? I know he's a programmer for Linux, way out West. I never thought I would be happy migrating from windows, especially after a bad experience last year trying to load Linspire into my machine. I just happened upon Ubuntu a couple of days ago while surfing fo Linux OS's. Crossed my fingers and went for it. Everything has worked, just as promissed, and I love this OS so far. I had a little trouble loading it. Turned out my Windows XP Pro was corrupted and would'nt allow me to boot any other software. Had to recover Windows with a download from IBM website for preloaded systems. IBM rep told me on the phone I had to buy the recovery disk for 50.00. Baloney! I found it on their site. Downloaded it and Yahoo (no pun) I was able to load Ubuntu. Have only had time to visit windows once, to verify my files were still there. Although MS assured me I would lose all data when Ubuntu repartitioned my disk...more baloney! Sorry to be so wordy. Love this OS

Iandefor
November 27th, 2005, 03:34 AM
Welcome to the Ubuntu community! Hope we can answer at least a few of your questions (and hopefully, you might be able to answer some of our own at some point)

There's a Jake Edge at this address (http://www.edge2.net/), but I don't know if he's the one you're looking for.

psoleko
November 27th, 2005, 03:54 AM
Welcome to the community as well. Never believe anything you hear from phone support lol.