PDA

View Full Version : Password required for firefox addons?!?!

SpenceMakesSense
October 21st, 2008, 05:37 PM
What is this...this is crazy! Half the firefox addons require for you to register with the site because they are experimental. In which some of the addons I have to register to install I had installed previously. I wouldn't find this very welcoming if I was experimenting with firefox. If I were like most impatient windows users I wouldn't want to take the time to register to get addons.

Dr Small
October 21st, 2008, 05:42 PM
But since I am not an 'impatient windows user', I took the time to register and install the addons I wanted.

the yawner
October 21st, 2008, 07:23 PM
What is this...this is crazy! Half the firefox addons require for you to register with the site because they are experimental. In which some of the addons I have to register to install I had installed previously. I wouldn't find this very welcoming if I was experimenting with firefox. If I were like most impatient windows users I wouldn't want to take the time to register to get addons.

There's probably a good reason why they're experimental. Like maybe, because of the version jump from 2 to 3?

klange
October 21st, 2008, 09:44 PM
They're experimental because for some reason the developer feels they're not ready for general use. IE, my "Tango 3" theme (for Windows, because I like uniformity) is experimental because it's missing some icons.

@the yawner: Read the last line of what the OP wrote. That is why they're experimental: because that way you need to go through the process of logging in to get them so that you can't complain about how easy it was to completely break your Firefox, and impatient Windows users won't have broken browsers.