PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Odd Window Border Problem

CaptainBuntu
October 21st, 2008, 05:25 AM
Hello,

I just recently got Ubuntu installed back on my Dell D620. The Gfx Card is a Nvidia Quadro NVS 110m.

The problem that I am having is that, when I change the focus of the window I am looking at, the one I go to gets a Really weird kind of Transparency to the Title Bar. I am Running Compiz Fusion with Nvidia Drivers 172.14.12.

Notice the Screen shot of the Title bar of CompizConfig.

arda
October 21st, 2008, 05:31 AM
Does this happen any time you try to focus a window?
Arda

CaptainBuntu
October 21st, 2008, 05:42 AM
95% Of the time yes, It seems to not happen when changing windows from the tray but by clicking on the Title Bars when I have multiple windows open in View. Hope This helps. Thank you.

SamNSane
October 21st, 2008, 04:28 PM
95% Of the time yes, It seems to not happen when changing windows from the tray but by clicking on the Title Bars when I have multiple windows open in View. Hope This helps. Thank you.

I have an nVidia Quadro 1400 Go (mobile) display subsystem on one of my laptops that has given me fits with this sort of behavior. I also see the title bar text for a window flash off and on as I enter data (type) within the window.

I don't know if my "fix" will work for you, but I just found it this morning, and I thought I should post it.

I just went into the Advanced Desktop Effects Settings applet and tried a bunch of settings changes, one-at-a-time. The one that fixed it for me is under the Window Management section. It's called "Window Rules".

I figured what these durned windows needed was some rules. And it worked!

Maybe it will work for you.

CaptainBuntu
October 22nd, 2008, 02:11 PM
Hello,

I tried the Window Rules Plugin to no avail. It actually caused my scrollbars in Firefox to stop working. Any other Ideas?