PDA

View Full Version : [other] burning iso with brasero problems.

kwboom
October 21st, 2008, 02:32 AM
Hi there I am trying to burn a iso with brasero, the problem is when I choose it to burn at 2x and click burn, it starts burning and changes from 10x to faster times and I get errors on the disk.......

Is there something else I should check so it will only burn at 2x and stay there cause I really don't want to waste any more blank disks.....

fballem
October 21st, 2008, 02:37 AM
Hi there I am trying to burn a iso with brasero, the problem is when I choose it to burn at 2x and click burn, it starts burning and changes from 10x to faster times and I get errors on the disk.......

Is there something else I should check so it will only burn at 2x and stay there cause I really don't want to waste any more blank disks.....

Just a suggestion ...

If you write click on the iso file, you will get a menu. One of the options is 'write to disc'. If you select this option, you will get to set the speed of the write.

kwboom
October 21st, 2008, 02:39 AM
will that still burn it as a iso for booting and installing?????????

fballem
October 21st, 2008, 02:41 AM
will that still burn it as a iso for booting and installing?????????

yes - that's how I burn mine.

kwboom
October 21st, 2008, 02:45 AM
it only goes as low as 11.7 times......

With brasero I tried the disk even though it said burnt with errors but when it was loading the kernals the cd drive just stopped. Would that be because of the errors.......

fballem
October 21st, 2008, 02:48 AM
Could be for any number of reasons. If it's an ubuntu cd, there should be an option to check the integrity of the disk. Try this and see if there are any errors reported. Make sure that you boot with the cd in the drive.

If not, then you have a different problem.

kwboom
October 21st, 2008, 03:03 AM
actually I am trying to install puppy linux on a old laptop I got.....

fballem
October 21st, 2008, 03:05 AM

Sorry, ubuntu is all I know from the Linux world.

Hopefully someone else will be able to help you.

Regards,

robert shearer
October 21st, 2008, 03:16 AM

When you open brasero and select burn image the box that opens has a properties tab. Click on that and you should be able to set the disc write speed.
You could always try another type of cd, maybe your drive doesn't like the ones you are using.
You could use a rewritable cd?
You could download k3b another burning app from the repositories and try it.It often works with drives that Brasero won't.
k3b has a simulate option to check if the write will be good and both brasero and k3b verify iso image writes automatically.

Also check your other thread where I have just posted an answer to your md5sum query.:)

ReneeLouvier
January 9th, 2010, 08:07 AM
I am currently trying to burn an .iso of Windows 7 for my husband from my Ubuntu Laptop. It dosn't seem to burn anything, although the disc has the "shading" that is typical of a disc with something burned on it. But when the disc is placed back in the drive, merely to check it, it comes up as a blank DVD+R! I cannot figure out what to do to fix it.