PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tryed Live search?

stephenbrazier
October 20th, 2008, 11:22 PM
I've decided to try something out - I'm going to go a week & only use Live Search, and not Google.

Just to try it out, because most people dismiss microsoft products and services instantly just because it is closed source.

Keep in mind that i have to do Shakespeare coursework, Gorillas in the mist media coursework, and geography coursework about the langdale valley. So I need resources and information easily (:

So, what is your opinion on live search, why? & if you have never used it, would you and if wouldn't, why?

:)

Grant A.
October 21st, 2008, 12:01 AM
I don't really use MS products that much other than Xbox, Vista, and Live Mail. I haven't really used my Live Mail though since gmail became open beta. It's a very nice search engine though. A plug-in for firefox would be nice, and a less overkill on the crystal would be good.

david_lynch
October 21st, 2008, 12:11 AM
Google works fine - why would I want to help the criminal monopolists take market share away from them?

cardinals_fan
October 21st, 2008, 12:57 AM
I don't bash Microsoft just because they're Microsoft, but Live Search is a truly terrible service.

InfinityCircuit
October 21st, 2008, 12:57 AM
I used it to get 30% off my EeePC on Ebay...

jimi_hendrix
October 21st, 2008, 01:00 AM
i use google...always have always will...havnt given any other search engines a chance

gletob
October 21st, 2008, 01:03 AM
Even if it was run by someone other than Microsoft I don't like it.

RiceMonster
October 21st, 2008, 01:20 AM
Whenever I use IE, I type a search into the search bar and end up confused for the first second or so because I'm expecting it to be google. Other than that, I've never really tried it, and I'm not interested. I like google.

Slug71
October 21st, 2008, 01:50 AM
Google works just fine for me so have never tried it but i probably wont since it's Microsoft related.

LaRoza
October 21st, 2008, 01:52 AM
I used to only use Live search, but stopped after discovering google.

Really.

dracule
October 21st, 2008, 02:09 AM
When ever i see someone using something besides google, i stop and ask myself "why?"

i really dont get it. google gives the most relavent hits HANDS DOWN, it also does it in a very clean manner.

kingbilly
October 21st, 2008, 02:59 AM
I have used live search, its okay, its so hard to stem away from google when you are used to it.

a bit offtopic:
today google was slow for me, i was frustrated when a search hung for about 2 seconds. TWO seconds! Can you high-speed users remember back to dial-up and how two seconds would be lightning.

Everything is relative to the times, lol.

zmjjmz
October 21st, 2008, 03:36 AM
Live Search is terrible, and it's not just subjective.
http://tinyurl.com/632r87