PDA

View Full Version : Well, after 1 year on ubuntu I back into Suxpe

dpkg
November 26th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Well, after 1 year on ubuntu I back into suxpe Hard me explain why.
The Mainly reasons:
1. On Hebrew you can do nothing I try to edit files into hebrew but nothing all start Jebrish.
2. My printer were dosn't work. (lexmark x2250)
3.too boring , sound not so good.
4.ICQ Aways and etc look jebrish and sux when i wirte hebrew.
what ever not sound good.

The things I love:
1. The Freedoom to edit what you want , get your Perfect desktop.
2. The Linux style, how is he look like the order..
3. The perfect security.

Amm that's it, was great be here,

Yours from the small country -Israel, Benny

matthew
November 26th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the input. I wish you luck.

ofek
November 26th, 2005, 06:41 PM
I'm sorry for the others here but I am gonna write in hebrew alittle:
בני תקשיב אני משתמש בלינוקס כבר כמה שנים טובות ובאמת שאין שום בעיה עם עברית אני כותב פה עבודות לבצפר מתכנת את התוכניות שלי בונה את האתרים שלי ואפילו משחק וורקרפט 3 ואני בטוח שבקשר למדפסת שלך אם תבקש פה עזרה אנשים פה ימצאו פתרון.
But if you still wanna go for windows thats your choise, windows is a worthi OS as well. I just like linux better.

Kvark
November 26th, 2005, 06:44 PM
1. I get the same problem with Swedish signs if I use UTF-8 character encoding to open a file that is encoded in ASCII, or the other way around. Try to open the file with a couple different encodings until you find out which encoding the file was saved in and thus looks readable with.

4. The problems with ICQ and Hebrew was probably that your chat client did not use the same character encoding as other ICQ chat clients, try to find out which encoding ICQ uses and then set your client to use that one.

2. & 3. Ask Lexmark and whoever made your soundcard for Linux drivers.

What is Suxpe? A misspelling of Suse? :?

ssam
November 26th, 2005, 06:58 PM
do you have the right fonts installed?

have you filed a bug? it maybe something the developers can fix for dapper. (they can't fix it if they dont know about it). file bugs here https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+bugs

dpkg
November 27th, 2005, 11:55 AM
I have been read the commants, Thanks,
BTW: for ofek (hebrew)
אחי אני יודע שלינוקס מעולה אני באמת אוהב אותה אתה לא יודע עד כמה, אבל למה להסתבכך איתה שיש לך הכל בווינדוס כמו שצריך, עיניין האבטחה בלינוקס מעולה, אבל הכל משעמם ועוד בכלל שאני לא יכול ליצור מסמכי עברית למשל תרגם או לבנות אתרים, זה ממש מעצבן אותי.
אני יכול להיות יחזור אבל בערך בעוד כמה חודשים שאני יחשוב על פתרונות נוספים כמו המדפסת שלי.
----------
All thanks I will be around watch the project Going up, may be I be back on the close future:rolleyes:

dpkg
November 27th, 2005, 11:57 AM
1. I get the same problem with Swedish signs if I use UTF-8 character encoding to open a file that is encoded in ASCII, or the other way around. Try to open the file with a couple different encodings until you find out which encoding the file was saved in and thus looks readable with.

4. The problems with ICQ and Hebrew was probably that your chat client did not use the same character encoding as other ICQ chat clients, try to find out which encoding ICQ uses and then set your client to use that one.

2. & 3. Ask Lexmark and whoever made your soundcard for Linux drivers.

What is Suxpe? A misspelling of Suse? :?

Sux pe = Windows XP.