PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] White Screen During Install (8.10)

electronjunkie
October 20th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Hi all,

I'm trying to install 8.10 on the following hardware:

Intel e7200
Asus P5Q Motherboard
Asus RadeonHD 4850 1GB Video Card

I'm using the 32bit x86 install cd.

The problem is that as soon as the graphical installer should be showing up, I only see a white screen. The installer IS working in the background though because I can hit 'enter' and the cd starts to spin up and so forth. I tried ctl-alt-f2 to get a console and my monitor (I've tried a CRT and an LCD) displays an out of sync message. I've also tried the safe graphics mode with the same result.

Btw, the 8.04 installer works just fine.

So I have a few questions. Will this be fixed by the time 8.10 is officially released? Is there a boot parameter I can add that will correct this? Is there still the option to do a text based install?

If I can provide any additional info, please let me know.

22flames
October 20th, 2008, 07:27 PM
AGAIN it is a beta and beta means not done yet if worst comes to worst just do an upgrade from 8.04 or install with onboard graphics not your 4850"btw thats a great card" and than put back in the 4850 and install the drivers. GOOD LUCK :):)

22FLAMES

electronjunkie
October 20th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Of course its beta. I haven't found this issue in the forums so I figured I'd report it. Is there a better place to report issues of this sort?

22flames
October 20th, 2008, 07:36 PM
yes just report to https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs but thank you for the effort here :) we in the ubuntu community appreciate the effort :)

22FLAMES

electronjunkie
October 20th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Most excellent, thanks for your help :)

22flames
October 20th, 2008, 07:40 PM
your very welcome thank you for the effort :)

22FLAMES