PDA

View Full Version : Share your geek side :)

extruct
October 20th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Hey whats up?
Yesterday before going to sleep I was in bathroom and suddenly felt some strange pain near the cut I had on my finger. I knew that via cuts you can get viruses/infections/etc and the first thing I though about was "I can't get virus I'm running Linux".

Share your geek thing that happened to you :)

Dixon Bainbridge
October 20th, 2008, 01:40 PM
I have one geek obsession and thats my camera gear. If I could, I would sleep with it, but as my bed is usually full of my kids and wife, I don't think it would go down too well. If I had more money, my house would be full of nikon gear.

kaldor
October 20th, 2008, 02:17 PM
I convinced my school to switch some computers to Linux.

Bölvağur
October 20th, 2008, 03:45 PM
The most geeky thing I ever did was after I played videogames competitively for a year. I was talking to my friend and was explaining why I liked handball more than football in this way: "Well it's much smaller map so there is impossible to camp like the greeks in eurocup, more rushing... oh **** wait" "dude, you've played too much games"

chucky chuckaluck
October 20th, 2008, 04:18 PM
i don't really have a geek side. even though i use linux on my laptop, i treat it more like a joseph cornell wannabee than a computer.

billgoldberg
October 20th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Hey whats up?
Yesterday before going to sleep I was in bathroom and suddenly felt some strange pain near the cut I had on my finger. I knew that via cuts you can get viruses/infections/etc and the first thing I though about was "I can't get virus I'm running Linux".

Linux can get viruses.

And if you are thinking like that, go seek professional help, that's not normal.

Majorix
October 20th, 2008, 06:04 PM
I always wished I could use the search function on Linux or other OS'es to find my missing socks or whatever :D No seriously.

theevilhamster
October 20th, 2008, 06:21 PM
hey whats up?
Yesterday before going to sleep i was in bathroom and suddenly felt some strange pain near the cut i had on my finger. I knew that via cuts you can get viruses/infections/etc and the first thing i though about was "i can't get virus i'm running linux".

same!

theevilhamster
October 20th, 2008, 06:22 PM
I convinced my school to switch some computers to Linux.

I REALLY wish I could do that:(

extruct
October 20th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Hah nice I'm not the only geek out here :p

billgoldberg Oh comon... Have you never tried to insert smiley when you talk with someone in real life? Or try to press CTRL+F to search something in your notebook/book?
Its ok, and I don't need a doctor or something, this is fine when someone obsessed with something, in my case its computers, thats why I consider my self geek.
People who obsessed with something else probably will come up whit their own "geeky" things.

billgoldberg
October 20th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Hah nice I'm not the only geek out here :p

billgoldberg Oh comon... Have you never tried to insert smiley when you talk with someone in real life? Or try to press CTRL+F to search something in your notebook/book?
Its ok, and I don't need a doctor or something, this is fine when someone obsessed with something, in my case its computers, thats why I consider my self geek.
People who obsessed with something else probably will come up whit their own "geeky" things.

Sure I have.

lol, I was being funny. I forgot to add the tags :p

extruct
October 20th, 2008, 07:04 PM
See :P

Its not that every day I have some strange toughs about computers and code, but its something that I like and sometime (when you tired for example) you associate normal things with your obsessions :p

OffHand
October 20th, 2008, 09:55 PM
I bought an Ubuntu hoody (http://shop.canonical.com/product_info.php?products_id=28&osCsid=8607982d8cd509ba8ea5b005e284f1ac)

elmer_42
October 20th, 2008, 10:32 PM
I always wished I could use the search function to find my missing socks or whatever
Feels good to know I am not the only one.

e:Typo

CorvisRex
October 20th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Geek as in nerd... I had a conversation in a bar with a friend of mine about someone I was dating at the time, and since I don't really know psychology, I was using computer terms, Took my friend 2-3 minutes to realize I was talking about a person... I was drunk at the time so I don't remember, but he reminds me of it time from time to time as an example that I should get out more often.

Geek as in circus side-show geek... well, I dated a girl once who had a bed of nails....you can use your imagination...

Squid Tamer
October 20th, 2008, 11:10 PM
I have tried to use spell-check on written things before. Really.

I thought "Oh, I misspelled that", and then I tried to right click, but then I realized, just before I actually moved my finger, that that was not possible. It was disappointing. :confused: