PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] several GNOME issues

evilkastel
October 20th, 2008, 02:21 AM
Ok I'm on ubuntu hardy, in a MSI board with an nvidia nForce 6100 (onboard) and i have a few issues.

1. I install uspash, and when i change the .so, and reboot, the usplash screen is deactivated (i can see the text... loading drivers, etc) i have tried several .so and also changing the resolution of the logon screen and all that... still, i'm stuck with the tan ubuntu logo.

2. This only happened once but i'm curious, i was working and got a bit crazy with the compiz plugins, i activated a lot of stuff, and i was drawing with water-fire, seeing a lot of eyecandy. y stopped and begun to chat in aMSN, then the Desktop enviromen restarted, and I lost a couple downloads. when it restarted it had no compiz activated, as in appearance-effects-none.

3. When I create a launcher for warsow, it doesn't run the game, just changes the resolution of the screen, in a vcery odd way. is like Gnomes resolution is fine but my monitor resolution is lower. It fixes with Ctrl+Alt+backspace. I can run the game from the file, but note from the launcher.