PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday was a happy day :)

sapo
November 26th, 2005, 01:09 PM
This is more like a blog, but i would like to share my happiness with you guys.

Yesterday i was with headaches, cause i was kinda drunk the day before it, and it was not the perfect day for work.

So i just killed time rewriting some code, cleaning another, and stuff like that.

It was a hopeless day, till i started talking to my boss, and started complaining about how i was working.

I work with php, but i write all the html, css code, i just hate images, i just put a logo and all the rest is raw css and xhtml :)

But this week i had to edit some images, and guess... we didnt have ANY image editor, i have to open putty everytime to update the files in the server, i work in a pentium 400mhz with 128MB ram, and i have to leave antivirus and antispyware opened all the time, cause my boss dont wanna buy an antivirus for our linux server, he says that he doesnt believe that it works :confused:.

So i was complaining about how i hate working in windows, and how i love working at home (where i am now) using ubuntu, gedit (php, css and xhtml), gimp, shh and all the good tools that ubuntu has.

So i spoke a lot about ubuntu, and my pc at work has 2 partitions, so i asked him to give me just 3.5gb of the second partition, so i could install ubuntu and work a lot faster and better, withtout using all those useless apps that i m using just to make some stupid lines of code.

I had no hopes about it, i think that he would say NO, cause we are a software company that develops windows software, but as i do php coding and it runs on a linux server, he allowed me to install linux there, of course i will install breezy :D.

it saved my day, it was about 2:00pm, i forgot my headaches, my problems and worked happy till 6:00pm :D

It is still not perfect cause the condition for installing linux there is that i will just use 3.5gb and i will not uninstall windows.

This is sad, maybe someday i ll be able to get rid of that useless os :D

But for now i m very very happy, i cant wait for monday to come, the first thing i m gonna do in the morning is install Breezy and show to everyone how pretty it is :D

tomwell
November 28th, 2005, 05:53 AM
Big Up man!!!!

i have ordered 15 cd with 3 for mac.... for my office of designers... all really upset about the $150 000 000 deal Mac signed with M$...

Good on you man!!!

Peace

Tom

YourSurrogateGod
November 28th, 2005, 06:45 AM
It is still not perfect cause the condition for installing linux there is that i will just use 3.5gb and i will not uninstall windows.
Use a memory stick or an external hard-drive.

sapo
November 28th, 2005, 10:05 AM
The memory stick would cost more than that stupid old box =x

Btw.. in 20 minutes ill be at work installing breezy, wish me luck fellows ^^

graabein
November 29th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Good luck. Hope everything turns out allright for you having Ubuntu instead of Windows at work! :D

sapo
November 29th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Good luck. Hope everything turns out allright for you having Ubuntu instead of Windows at work! :D
it didnt turn so well :(

I have to work in and old syncmaster 3ne interlaced monitor, and this thing its too damn dark, with the ubuntu antialias i cant see very well the code.

And i didnt think that ubuntu would be so slow in a 400mhz pc, i ll try to make it run faster, but still i cant work in it :(

phen
November 29th, 2005, 05:17 PM
try xubuntu-desktop, or openbox with some kde/gnome applications. that made linux on slow machines way faster for me!

sapo
November 29th, 2005, 05:53 PM
try xubuntu-desktop, or openbox with some kde/gnome applications. that made linux on slow machines way faster for me!
i installed xubuntu, but is kinda slow too :(