PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Resizing applications' windows

Andrew Golightly
October 18th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Hi everyone,

So the computer I'm using has a pretty low resolution (best is 960x600). This is fine.. it's just that some application's windows are cut off. Like the "OK" and "Cancel" buttons (that are soo :) necessary to click!), are below the (what are the names for these things?) bar at the bottom of the screen. I don't seem to be able to resize the window so that I can get to those buttons. Clicking minimise then maximise just doesn't nicely resize it to the screen so that the whole application is in view.

Screenshot attached to show that I can't get to the buttons at the bottom of the Audio Tag Tool app.

How do I get around this?

thanks.

Andrew Golightly
October 18th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Ok.. just worked it out. If I hold down "alt" I can click and drag the window up to see the bottom buttons.

yay 4 me :) lol

istihza
October 18th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Hello,

Did you try right-clicking on the top window bar and selecting "resize" option? This way you can set the window to a smaller size and see the buttons you want... Note that you should use the "enter" key to set the window to the size you wish, after clicking on the "resize" option.

Andrew Golightly
October 18th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Nice idea... although I can't resize vertically for whatever reason? Only horizontally.. which doesn't help me in this case.

thanks for the idea though.