PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] gnome lagging

IDmeNa
October 18th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Hi, I've used ubuntu for a year or so now and I have never experienced problems on my desktop but now I've got a very strange situation. About a week now my gnome based desktop began lagging when I do any kind of change on the picture, for example, I open a window, and browse through the files, when I scroll down the picture wont refresh, it kept showing me the initial screen until I roll my mouse over, it's like now I have to roll the mouse over to see things; the same for the web browser and all aplications; basecally, my screen wont refresh until I roll my mouse over; this has never happened to me before, but now its happening with a lot of frequencue, I'm forced to restart the desktop and it would be okay, but after a while with no apparent reason it starts again.

I understand must probable reason/solution would be to check the drivers on my graphics card and/or disable the desktop effects to see if the problem persists, the thing that bothers is that I've had the same driver and the same desktop effects for several months now and this began just random out of nothing.
I haven't made any recent changes to my system and I would most apreciate any explanation, or even a solution, for this problem.
Thanks in advance.

I use:
Ubuntu 8.04 hardy heron x86
Gnome desktop
Compiz desktop manager
Nvidia GeForce 5200