PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Video on login

Chris_Foster
October 18th, 2008, 06:09 AM
Hi,

I'm running kubuntu 8.04 with compiz fusion. Compiz doesn't start automatically so I put a script into the autostart directory that starts it. I also have a custom kdm theme and a very dark toolbar and background. Im also running superkaramba.

Heres my problem:

My login looks very ugly, it goes to the custom kdm theme, then after I log on it shows the stand bright blue background, then adjusts my resolution, changes my background to the black one, loads the white toolbar, fixes the toolbar, loads superkaramba with a bunch of flickers, then loads compiz and makes the whole screen go funky for a bit while the windows manager changes.
It all looks very horrible and takes away from the whole theme.

Im wondering if there is a way to get it to play a welcoming movie (sound would be nice, but not nessesary) until my desktop is finished loading. I'd like when the video ends to have my desktop looking nice and perfect, then I dont see all the ugly loading stuff. I definately wouldn't want to have a movie player like kaffene running after the video is done. Any ideas? I know this sounds a little far fetched.

Circuit_tsunami
October 18th, 2008, 07:37 AM
I am a beginner, but i asked my friend for something familiar and he told me that the video would take a while to load so it would probably play after its done loading... I don't know if thats true or not.

Chris_Foster
October 18th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Well, that makes sense, but the video would only be 15 seconds or less so I dont see that being a problem on my pretty high end system.

Chris_Foster
October 19th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Even if a picture would be possible that would be great.

Chris_Foster
November 15th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Bump