PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Please help for my complicated situation

SeanNg
October 17th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Hi all,

I just bought a Laptop Acer Extensa 4630Z(doesnt matter the model because it is not a popular one)..with Petium Duo Core T3200.

There is inside an Linpus Linux but I dont know the version..Think not very important then. I tried to remove Linpus and installed both Ubuntu and Window XP.

First attemp, I tried Ubuntu x386 8.04 Desktop version, it is always come up with a error validation failed errno=-5. Anh the graphical interface never shown up.

Then I tried the 64 bit version amd64 Desktop 8.04 (since some one sugguest that T3200 is 64 bit processeor) , the same error show up. No graphical interface come out. It doesnt really hang the machine because I still can type command. There is only some shell come up.

Not knowing what happen, I tried to install Window XP on the laptop. And the results was a blue screen of dump...(With the message check the hardware). I tried 3 times and same error. I check the RAM and hard disk..both are working fine..

I think the linpus is running fine but I dont know what to do now with the computer since Linpus has no graphical interface but just the command.

Please help me..I just boght this laptop for 3 days but from Singapore and I cant come back Singapore to complain.

What should I do now..Please help me ..I am deperate because i need the laptop to study ...

Thanks everybody,

SeanNg