PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] uninstalling AWN and getting my panels back

hapkidoman
October 17th, 2008, 04:21 AM
I installed AWN (which I love) but now I want to uninstall it; however I deleted my bottom panel and don't know how to get it back. I still have my top panel but now the wired network connection is in the bottom left corner instead of up in the top panel (I didn't move it, when I booted my computer it appeared that way). My trash can is now an Icon, once I get my bottom panel back how do I get it back on the panel?

Is there a good way to uninstall AWN and get my default Ubuntu settings back for the panel? How do I get the 'wired network connection' icon to go back to where it was?

Thanks in advance.

PS. The reason I want to delete it is so I can install Project Looking Glass from Sun Microsystems. Does anyone have an opinion about it?

taqkavar
October 17th, 2008, 05:25 AM
AWN
Settings > Administration > Synaptic Manager
Search for "awn" and set the "Look in" to Names. Right click all the awn packages that appear, mark for removal. Then hit apply.

Bottom Panel
Right click on a free space in your upper panel click on New panel. Drag the new panel down and right click on it, select add to panel. Add "Trash" , "Show Desktop" , "Window List" and "Work Space Switcher".

Wired network Connection Icon is supposed to be in the notification area. So add "Notification Area" Applet to your upper panel.

Haven't tried the 3D desktop thingie.