PDA

View Full Version : Web Editor/Developer

Wangsta
October 16th, 2008, 10:53 PM
I've been doing some work with webpages, but recently I wanted to find a web editor/developer/designer program to help me.
Until now, I've been doing all my php/css/html work in notepad, and it's starting to tick me off.

Can anyone recommend some really good web editors/developers for me? I know there are a lot of different ones out there, but I have no experience in any of them and wouldn't know where to start. Thanks!

zmjjmz
October 16th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Look into Notepad++ and KompoZer.

Wangsta
October 16th, 2008, 11:42 PM
does kompozer deal with php well though?

bsharp
October 17th, 2008, 12:41 AM
KompoZer can do php, but what I did was set up the design of the site, put the php in separate files, and go back and manually add include() and require() statements in the file KompoZer generated.

I didn't like doing that so I just do it by hand which is supposed to be better for developing good habits anyway.

cariboo
October 17th, 2008, 01:43 AM
Have a look at Bluefish and Quanta. I haven't used Bluefish in a couple of years, but i do use Quanta fairly often.

Jim

kernelhaxor
October 17th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Eclipse PDT project .. http://www.eclipse.org/pdt/
For CSS and HTML, you can tweak them in-broswer using Firefox add-ons like firebug, webdeveloper and others..

-grubby
October 17th, 2008, 02:04 AM
Bah, wysiwyg editors FTL. You should use Crimson (if you're on windows) or anothor editor. I use geany, a small IDE. It is available on Windows and Linux

Dr Small
October 17th, 2008, 02:18 AM
Try Vim + syntax highlighting. All you could ever want, and more. :D